Flopro 2503

SSUPERSSPORT

Ordered my 2503 on Wednesday. Recieved it Friday and was pretty excited about getting it installed this morning. The 2503 is has two inlets and one outlet, which I figured is how my stock muffler was configured. NOT. Stock is 2 inlet, 2 outlet with a Y pipe to the single pipe to the tip. I know some of you have the 2503 Proflo. Is my muffler different or did some of you all do away with Y section on the outlet? :dunno: Or maybe I should have ordered the 2504 which has dual inlets and outlets. I kinda feel like a big dummy for not noticing my stock muffler before I ordered the new one. My intention was to replace the muffler and keep the, unique to the SSS, single exhaust tip. :banghead: Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

did you buy your SS used? it sounds like somebody already modified your exhaust. the stock muffler is dual in single out.

you could always just modify your exhaust to use that muffler. you could get rid of the stock tip and just have a dual setup.

I just put on the Flo-pro 2504 and have the stock system in my backyard. My stock muffler has 2 inlets/2 outlets leading to a Y pipe into single exit. Bought the truck with 12 miles on it so I know it's original.

SSUPERSSPORT

I have the 2503 installed. Just get your installer to cut the " Y " off and install a Straight section about 4" long of 3" tubing. There is NO need to use the 2504 unless you want a new tail pipes and dual tips. I stayed with the stock tips for mine.

Good luck

CD

The 2504 was nearly perfect match for the muffler. To look at it you can barely see a difference. The pipes are slightly different sizes. Forget what they are. I think stock is 2 3/4 in--3" out. Flo-pro is like 3" in--2 1/2 out? Not sure. I had the whole thing changed.

cadowns, The Y pipe looked like it may be important, performance-wise, so that's why I was a little hesitant about doing away with it. From past comments, you seem pretty happy with your setup and I already have the 2503 in-hand....

BOB47, Just curious, did the 2504 fit up to the Y or did you go with dual tips?

BTW, Thank all of you for your advice and comments!

What Pewter said, the muffler is a dual in and single out. If you look at the muffler from behind the truck, the LEFT pipe on the muffler is the resonation chamber inlet. The two pipes go into the muffler to about half way into a chamber, then one pipe acutally has the gases flow backwards towards the front of the muffler into a chamber. Then one pipe (the exit pipe) goes all the way through the muffler and is the exhaust pipe that comes out of the muffler, it's the RIGHT pipe if you look at the muffler from behind the truck. Someone posted a few pics a while back where they had their's cut open.

Jim

Archived