Lowering keys

2bseen

Anybody using them. I have the spindles and thinking about taking them out so I can run 16" wheels with drag radials at the track. I would still run my 20s on the street so I want it to be lowered. With the keys is it as low as with the spindles? Thanks

the keys will go as low as the spindles but the ride won't be as good. i just got a set of a member of this site they will hopefully go in soon and i'll let you know how they are but i heard the front end gets floaty. i would stay with the spindles. i'm only using keys because i use 16" snow tires.

the keys will go as low as the spindles but the ride won't be as good.  i just got a set of a member of this site they will hopefully go in soon and i'll let you know how they are but i heard the front end gets floaty.  i would stay with the spindles.  i'm only using keys because i use 16" snow tires.

What do you mean by "floaty?"

as long as you dont completely remove the factory bump stops you will be fine just cut off one nub with a sawsall or hacksaw :thumbs: You get a worse ride when you completely remove the bumpstops because they are designed in as part of the spring rate. this will stiffen the ride a little bit but when done rite you won't hardly notice the difference.

Archived