Good news from FLP

i'm not knocking your choice at all. you're probably better off with the FLP level V because chuck is very willing to work at making everything work for your truck. no matter if you buy a rossler, FLP, level 10, Dr. Evil, etc, at your power level the trans is going to give up a few times along the way. my point is simply that FLP isn't going into unchartered territory. the 65E trans has been built before to hold up to that power level already. for rossler they had help i'd guess in getting all of the lingenfelter vehicles and reaching the power levels chuck is working with now. i'd also guess that they had many failures caused by major breakages of hard parts to minor wiring issue's killing the trans along the way also. i'm sure they still for some reason or another break. nobody at your power level is going to build the "unbreakable". the 60/65E in order to hold that kind of power needs everything to be working about perfectly as you've found and one small failure even from a shift solenoid as an example is going to take something out. at lower power levels you'd just notice the problem and fix say just the solenoid. i will say that this is not only good for you to be going through chuck, but also good for chuck. he seems to be a pretty decent guy willing to work with you and whatever part combination he finds that works in your truck will help out the guy running a couple hundred less hp than you. it's guys like you that push the limit that make everything better for the guys not pushing it quite as hard. i applaud you and chuck both for trying to work this out and not just switching to that 80E. (one of my least favorite transmissions). :jester:

i'm not knocking your choice at all. you're probably better off with the FLP level V because chuck is very willing to work at making everything work for your truck. no matter if you buy a rossler, FLP, level 10, Dr. Evil, etc, at your power level the trans is going to give up a few times along the way. :jester:

Dang. If I ever get a built tranny I wanna try the Dr. Evil... :devil: Sounds bad..s..

Mr. Zip: what is it about the '80 that you dislike so much? Just curious... :confused:

i'm not knocking your choice at all. you're probably better off with the FLP level V because chuck is very willing to work at making everything work for your truck. no matter if you buy a rossler, FLP, level 10, Dr. Evil, etc, at your power level the trans is going to give up a few times along the way. :jester:

Dang. If I ever get a built tranny I wanna try the Dr. Evil... :devil: Sounds bad..s..

Mr. Zip: what is it about the '80 that you dislike so much? Just curious... :confused:

It weighs more than he does. :) Oh wait, so does a 60.

i believe jeff bullock (gearmup) was running a Dr. Evil behind his 427. never got to get any real results from him on it though. :(

in the world of trying to make stuff go faster i'm very big on the idea lightweight and low parasitic drag. anytime i can cut down on either of those two i do. the 80/85E's are excellent for their power holding capacity. unfortunatly they have a very noticable increase in power loss from the parasitic drag difference. they are also much heavier. adding weight and taking away power, not for me. i'm also into the challenge of making something work when it says most will say it can't be done.

once he gets this all dialed in he'll be making the STS boys pretty damn proud and giving alot of credit to chuck at FLP. they'll both have something to celebrate about when the results begin to change from his "break in" period.

Archived