New rim and more problems, GEEZE!!!

fox_forma

Well I finally received my new rim yesterday and was really happy to get my spare off the truck after about a month. Well I went and got the tire mounted and balanced and two things now are really bothering me. First, I couldn;t find a place that had a michine for 20's in my area so luckily pepboys was able to do it, maybe not luckily but they did it. First thing I noitced, they put the weights on the inside to balance it, they decided not to do it like the rest so when you look at the rim on a certain angle you can see all these stupid looking weights stacked on top of eachother, very ugly. Second thing, after i get the rim on, there is a flat spot on the rims lip, almost like the tire machined caught and pushed it in a little. very annoying also. Anything I can do to fix that? As for the weights I may just get it balanced again with the normal wights so no big deal but the flat spot has me PO :banghead:

Oh well before and after... such an improvement

before

after

I think for next winter I am going to get 4 more spares like the one I had for the snow. And it actually didn't look to bad except it didn't match any of my other wheels

Just find some regular silverado or tahoe wheels, got mine off ebay for $180 shipped to my door. The 16" wheels/tires work awesome in snow/slush and you dont have to worry about messing up the good wheels.

Archived