First win tonight

fordsareslow

Got my first win tonight in the bracket racing event that is held every wednesday night at my local track. I went 6 rounds for the win. Since there is not a specific lane for trucks only, I run in the lanes with all of the american made rear wheel drive cars. I was really on my dial-in, running between a 15.69 and a 15.71 on a 15.68 dial in. I deep stage so it cuts my ET back (normally run 15.30's) but I get reaction times in the .014 - .059 range. I raced mustangs first and second rounds, followed by a 00 silverado, then a LS1 camaro, then a supercharged Viper, and in the final round I ran against a 64 Nova. Had a good time. Had ran a couple of times before, but I always seemed to get beat in the semi's. I am hoping the weather will be good next wednesday, as I am hoping to go again. Brought home a cool MUG with track name, event, and the word WINNER on it. They don't give trophy's, just mugs.

Thanks, :thumbs: it was fun. It was funny listening to the people out there. Some people don't realize how bracket racing works. They see me running against a 13 second nova and a 11 second viper and they think the nova and viper are going to win automatically because they are faster, it just makes me laugh to see their faces when I pull back in the lane after I get the win. :D

sounds like it was a blast. bracket racing can be amusing at times. normally i'm just out there to run my number even though my reaction times are good enough for bracket racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically it is based on your elapsed time. You can run against lets say a 12 second corvette and win if you hit your time closer without beating it. If you label your truck at lets say a 15.4 and you run a 15.5, and your competetion is labeled at 12.2 and they run a 12.4 you would win because your time was closer to your set time. Of course your reaction time also plays into this. You will get the head start on a car or truck that is faster than you. That way at the end of the track it is whoever has the run closest to their estimated time without beating it. I have done this a few times an done farely well. Some of you other guys may need to chime in here if I have missed something or if I am incorrect about something. But that is basically the way it works! :chevy::driving:

Thanks, :thumbs:  it was fun.  It was funny listening to the people out there.  Some people don't realize how bracket racing works.  They see me running against a 13 second nova and a 11 second viper and they think the nova and viper are going to win automatically because they are faster, it just makes me laugh to see their faces when I pull back in the lane after I get the win. :D

LOL, that happens to me all the time! Sometimes other racers in their "racecar's" give me total disrespect because I'm in a late model truck then I go out and nail them to the tree and run my number...They get so pissed!!!!!! :mad: Winning sure is fun isn't it? I seem to have a final curse this year...More runner-ups than I'd care to mention! Where was the race at? Palmdale?

Basically it is based on your elapsed time. You can run against lets say a 12 second corvette and win if you hit your time closer without beating it. If you label your truck at lets say a 15.4 and you run a 15.5, and your competetion is labeled at 12.2 and they run a 12.4 you would win because your time was closer to your set time. Of course your reaction time also plays into this. You will get the head start on a car or truck that is faster than you. That way at the end of the track it is whoever has the run closest to their estimated time without beating it. I have done this a few times an done farely well. Some of you other guys may need to chime in here if I have missed something or if I am incorrect about something. But that is basically the way it works! :chevy:  :driving:

You also have to get the win light, right?

Got my second win tonight. That's 2 times in the past 3 trips to the track this season. Went 5 rounds for the win. Last week, I got a red light in the 3rd round(cut a -.009 light :banghead: ) Same thing this week with the disrespect. Everybody seems to think I am going to lose because I am a truck, well I am kind of hard to beat when I am within .01-.02 of my dial in and cut .017-.039 reaction times. :D Sure did impress alot of people. All this has been at Sacramento Raceway.

Got my second win tonight.  That's 2 times in the past 3 trips to the track this season.  Went 5 rounds for the win.  Last week, I got a red light in the 3rd round(cut a -.009 light :banghead: ) Same thing this week with the disrespect.  Everybody seems to think I am going to lose because I am a truck, well I am knid of hard to beat when I am within .01-.02 of my dial in and cut .017-.039 reaction times. :D  Sure did impress alot of people.  All this has been at Sacramento Raceway.

Cool, keep it up! :thumbs: Let me know if you ever come to any SoCal races so I can stay away!!! Seriously, you ought to come to Super Chevy at Pomona Raceway 4/28-5/1. www.superchevyshow.com

I don't know if I will ever go down there, but who knows. I am going to run the summer ET league and a few other races I have my eyes on all at Sacramento. They have a race coming up where it is $5000 if you win and $2500 to the runner up. They only allow 64 cars and no electronics. Entry is $100 but well worth it IMO. The summer league pays out $400 to the winner each race, and there is about 8 races. They go by points and the winner at the end of the season gets all kinds of $ and prizes. I missed the sign up for the winter league, but there are only about 36 or so guys that run it. Only 2 races left. I am going out next wednesday to see if I can back up my wins.

Archived