Grand Prix GTP vs SS

epitaph

So basically what you have is a thermostat. Intake, intercooler, some plugs and wires, exhaust, a smaller pulley and a lot of extra dead weight. Walking the SS like that even if he was stock is hard to believe :dunno: . I have raced my buddy with his Regal, that has more than that done and he doesn't beat me that badly.

But I wasn't there, this is just my 2 cents.

Dave

I agree, walk all over an SS. I mean come on here. We are talking about two similar vehicles as for acceleration. Stock the SS is a slighter quicker to 60 MPH. The mods on the GTP will allow it to beat a stock SS, but to walk all over him... hmmm.

In my opinion, of course I was not there but, just don't see a slaughtering on this one. And if you were going to destroy him, I would think you'd wanna try to jump off the line with him, if not he would have to many car lengths on you to early, just my .02

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to the world of the internet...where everyone drives an Enzo and has a supermodel girlfriend in the kicten right now cooking buffalo wings with no clothes on...

I see people driving Mercades as secondary cars...GTP's beating SS...Pinocchio, lying makes your nose grow...not something else!!!

What do you have done to the GTP? Pulley? DHP Computer ?? It's more than stock if you walked an the SS like that.

List of mods:

-Daytona 500 package, including hood vents and two tone leather.

-160 degree thermostat

-Wizaird cold air intake w/ intercooler and 9' k & n filter

- Hi/low fan switch

- Nitto 235/40/ ZR rated tires

- 18' ADR rims

- NGK TR6 spark plugs

- HELLA Angel eye foglights

- PRJ performance ignition wires

-Custom bent 3 inch exhaust, str8 pipe no cats, 3.5' stainless steel tips

-3.4 supercharger pulley

-Xetronic HID headlight conversion

-Black/silver arrowhead

-Clear corner lights

-Sylvania blue coner bulbs

-Carbon fiber altezza tail lights

-Custom embroided floor matts

-Rockford Fosgate 1500watt amp, and two 12' rockford fosgate punch subs

It sure is more then stock, but nothing all that built up, i got raped by some guy with a black 4 door gtp a few weeks ago...

It kept up okay for a small period, then it just slowly started to fall back.  Out of the hole, they suck, compared to the SS.  From about a 30mph roll they have a better chance, but still no great feat.

See above list of mods/

I really dont see where inthe world you come off saying out of the hole they suck, infact out of the hole is where i own.

I've got a video of a stock grandprix gtp racing a stock mustang GT, at the beggining of the race they stayed neck and neck till the GTP started pulling ahead.

I dont know of ANY other stock FWD v6s that can stay neck and neck to a RWD v8 when aggresivly launched :shrug:

Comparing it to the SS (which ive driven) its launch from a stop isnt quite as impressive (who can compare 4x4 to fwd) but its not that much of a difference :shrug:

Don't forget the racing stickers they add at least and extra 15hp..lol... sorry I had to poke a little fun, no offence it sounds like you've got a sweet ride look foward to that sss when you get it... I think you'll be plesantly suprised. :chevy:

It kept up okay for a small period, then it just slowly started to fall back.  Out of the hole, they suck, compared to the SS.  From about a 30mph roll they have a better chance, but still no great feat.

See above list of mods/

I really dont see where inthe world you come off saying out of the hole they suck, infact out of the hole is where i own....

Comparing it to the SS (which ive driven) its launch from a stop isnt quite as impressive (who can compare 4x4 to fwd) but its not that much of a difference :shrug:

Didn't you just answer your own question?

Or, did I read that wrong? I know it can't be the opposite of the way I think you're saying, because I know the SS can outlaunch much better.

I have at least 10,000 miles in each vehicle and have raced both. From a dead stop a GTP is okay, IMO.

I wasn't gonig to post this kill but this thread made me, This kid at my school annoying as all hell thought his gtp was all mighty. I go up to the school and he sees me in the parking lot and he asked if i want to race, I laugh, then agree, We get lined up and light turns green, bam spanked him from the start had a car length on him before 60 then is got pretty ugly after that, i waved and then i couldn't see him in my rear view mirror anymore, I'm not usually a jerk but this kid is so annoying it was needed. :flag:

Or, did I read that wrong?  I know it can't be the opposite of the way I think you're saying, because I know the SS can outlaunch much better.

I have at least 10,000 miles in each vehicle and have raced both.  From a dead stop a GTP is okay, IMO.

I belive what i said was that the SS lauches better, the grand prix's wasnt "quite as impressive"

Don't forget the racing stickers they add at least and extra 15hp..lol... sorry I had to poke a little fun, no offence it sounds like you've got a sweet ride look foward to that sss when you get it... I think you'll be plesantly suprised. :chevy:

haha, i took the stickers off my car when i got it ;). its all good, i cant wait to get a SS too.....

or a duramax :D whichever comes my way 1st

I wasn't gonig to post this kill but this thread made me, This kid at my school annoying as all hell thought his gtp was all mighty.  I go up to the school and he sees me in the parking lot and he asked if i want to race, I laugh, then agree,  We get lined up and light turns green, bam spanked him from the start had a car length on him before 60 then is got pretty ugly after that, i waved and then i couldn't see him in my rear view mirror anymore, I'm not usually a jerk but this kid is so annoying it was needed. :flag:

That was needed, :shrug: nice kill

I used to drive a fairly modded GTP.

Had it intercooled and Camm'd, it was a goer.

My one question is this:

Wizaird cold air intake w/ intercooler and 9' k & n filter

? an air intake w/ an intercooler? The wizair intake is just a well insulated intake that takes air from the fenderwell. It doesn't have a built in intercooler. I'm just curious which intercooler system you put on the grand prix. And to follow up on that, if it is intercooled, why is it only running a 3.4 inch pulley? The ZZP stage 2 intercooler with NO other mods allows all the way down to at least a 3.0 pulley with no problems. I'm just curious if thats a typo or what? Mine was running the smaller ZZP SS intercooler and it ran with a 2.8 inch pulley.

:lol:

The wizaid intake came with an "intercooler" for like 40$, its just that glass thing that sourrounds the intake so it doesnt get head from everything else, not an actual intercooler, id be puttin a lot more power down with one of those..

How was it with that 2.8???

Come on lets be honest now. You waited a half second and still burnt him that bad. Im not gonna lie thats pretty hard to believe. You may have alot more power than a stock GTP but waiting a half second too beat a car that is awesome in the intital take off department. Thats where most SSS's get their wins from. Because of the AWD and how hard they launch because of the AWD. And what year are talking with the Mustang Gt. Because lets face it our truck would have no problem keeping up with a older model stock Mustang Gt . Also there is a HUGE diffrence between the New mustang Gt and the old mustang Gt.

Lets be honest? :lol:

listen I have a million better things to do then come on the internet and make some BS up about how i beat a truck that i want to get. If you all wanna get technical or someshit (bets??) , i have a witness to the whole thing...

I'm talking about the previous generation version of the cars (my body GP and the body right before the new stang)

Million better things to do? i think it would be pretty lame if i went to all the other forums and posted my "victories" in the cars forums. If you beat it great, but dont make it seem like u blew it away because we all know u didnt. And make bets? come on lets not be childish. I could come up with a friend that "claims" that I beat an airplane if i wanted to. Give me a break.

Ran pretty good, I sold the car to a guy in Michigan, he's still trying to work out the tuning on it, its running low 13's right now with KR that it shouldn't have. I think once he gets the tune right it'll go 12.75's.

Or, did I read that wrong?  I know it can't be the opposite of the way I think you're saying, because I know the SS can outlaunch much better.

I have at least 10,000 miles in each vehicle and have raced both.  From a dead stop a GTP is okay, IMO.

I belive what i said was that the SS lauches better, the grand prix's wasnt "quite as impressive"

haha, i took the stickers off my car when i got it ;). its all good, i cant wait to get a SS too.....

or a duramax :D whichever comes my way 1st

I wasn't gonig to post this kill but this thread made me, This kid at my school annoying as all hell thought his gtp was all mighty.  I go up to the school and he sees me in the parking lot and he asked if i want to race, I laugh, then agree,  We get lined up and light turns green, bam spanked him from the start had a car length on him before 60 then is got pretty ugly after that, i waved and then i couldn't see him in my rear view mirror anymore, I'm not usually a jerk but this kid is so annoying it was needed. :flag:

That was needed, :shrug: nice kill

I used to drive a fairly modded GTP.

Had it intercooled and Camm'd, it was a goer.

My one question is this:

Wizaird cold air intake w/ intercooler and 9' k & n filter

? an air intake w/ an intercooler? The wizair intake is just a well insulated intake that takes air from the fenderwell. It doesn't have a built in intercooler. I'm just curious which intercooler system you put on the grand prix. And to follow up on that, if it is intercooled, why is it only running a 3.4 inch pulley? The ZZP stage 2 intercooler with NO other mods allows all the way down to at least a 3.0 pulley with no problems. I'm just curious if thats a typo or what? Mine was running the smaller ZZP SS intercooler and it ran with a 2.8 inch pulley.

:lol:

The wizaid intake came with an "intercooler" for like 40$, its just that glass thing that sourrounds the intake so it doesnt get head from everything else, not an actual intercooler, id be puttin a lot more power down with one of those..

How was it with that 2.8???

Come on lets be honest now. You waited a half second and still burnt him that bad. Im not gonna lie thats pretty hard to believe. You may have alot more power than a stock GTP but waiting a half second too beat a car that is awesome in the intital take off department. Thats where most SSS's get their wins from. Because of the AWD and how hard they launch because of the AWD. And what year are talking with the Mustang Gt. Because lets face it our truck would have no problem keeping up with a older model stock Mustang Gt . Also there is a HUGE diffrence between the New mustang Gt and the old mustang Gt.

Lets be honest? :lol:

listen I have a million better things to do then come on the internet and make some BS up about how i beat a truck that i want to get. If you all wanna get technical or someshit (bets??) , i have a witness to the whole thing...

I'm talking about the previous generation version of the cars (my body GP and the body right before the new stang)

Million better things to do?

i think it would be pretty lame if i went to all the other forums and posted my "victories" in the cars forums.

If you beat it great, but dont make it seem like u blew it away because we all know u didnt. And make bets? come on lets not be childish. I could come up with a friend that "claims" that I beat an airplane if i wanted to. Give me a break.

LOL

Yea,a million better things to do. like work, school, make music, my girl, and smoke weed. :cheers: I could care less what you think :thumbs: so thanks for wasting my time.

I didnt make it seem like i blew him away at all?? he kept up pretty good, ive beatn plenty of pretty quick cars by about that much, if you took the time to think about the mods i have and what my car probably runs, and what a stock silverado with just exhaust (i think?) runs it makes perfect sense to me. So the only break i could suggest for you, would be one from this message boad. :smash:

FYI I included the part about my friend, merely because i thought it was pretty bad ass that he ended up seeing it, and his bike is nuts. If someone has one on here, or has riddin one, or something to that effect, the comment could've sparked an interesting conversation.

Ran pretty good, I sold the car to a guy in Michigan, he's still trying to work out the tuning on it, its running low 13's right now with KR that it shouldn't have. I think once he gets the tune right it'll go 12.75's.

What kind of exhast/mufflers did you have?? coupe/sedan? thats a pretty nice quarter mile. I get some KR right now but since im getting rid of the car soon im not all that concerned with it, but my stupid driverside HID doesnt work till i flip it into high beam mode and give it a few seconds to re-spark :banghead:

Million better things to do?

i think it would be pretty lame if i went to all the other forums and posted my "victories" in the cars forums.

If you beat it great, but dont make it seem like u blew it away because we all know u didnt. And make bets? come on lets not be childish. I could come up with a friend that "claims" that I beat an airplane if i wanted to. Give me a break.

LOL

Yea,a million better things to do. like work, school, make music, my girl, and smoke weed. :cheers: I could care less what you think :thumbs: so thanks for wasting my time.

I didnt make it seem like i blew him away at all?? he kept up pretty good, ive beatn plenty of pretty quick cars by about that much, if you took the time to think about the mods i have and what my car probably runs, and what a stock silverado with just exhaust (i think?) runs it makes perfect sense to me. So the only break i could suggest for you, would be one from this message boad. :smash:

FYI I included the part about my friend, merely because i thought it was pretty bad ass that he ended up seeing it, and his bike is nuts. If someone has one on here, or has riddin one, or something to that effect, the comment could've sparked an interesting conversation.

What kind of exhast/mufflers did you have?? coupe/sedan? thats a pretty nice quarter mile. I get some KR right now but since im getting rid of the car soon im not all that concerned with it, but my stupid driverside HID doesnt work till i flip it into high beam mode and give it a few seconds to re-spark :banghead:

Stock mufflers, hi flo cat, no resonator. Here was the list from the Grand Prix

Comp Cams XP Hotshots Cam

Comp Cams modified/milled retainers (for extra clearance)

Comp Cams 110 pound springs

Comp Cams pushrods

Thrasher cold air intake

ZZP modular pulley system with 3.0 and 2.8 inch pulleys

ZZP SS Intercooler with Stage 1 pump

ZZP Oversized radiator

ZZP Polyurethane motor mounts

ZZP Racing Transmission with 3.29 ratio gearing and 1 year warranty

Digital Horse Power Custom Tuned PCM w/timing tables

Tech Edge Happy Knob for timing adjustment with DHP PCM +/- 6 degrees

The Other Guys Ceramic Coated Headers

Ubend and Resonator delete on the exhaust

Tech Edge Fan Switch

MSD Ignition and Wires

Autolite 103 Spark Plugs

ZZP Stage 2 Throttle Body

Lucas Oversized Fuel Injectors

Tech Edge Mini-AFC

Tech Edge EGR Delete

Boost, Tranny Temp, Oil Pressure gauges

Stock mufflers, hi flo cat, no resonator. Here was the list from the Grand Prix

Comp Cams XP Hotshots Cam

Comp Cams modified/milled retainers (for extra clearance)

Comp Cams 110 pound springs

Comp Cams pushrods

Thrasher cold air intake

ZZP modular pulley system with 3.0 and 2.8 inch pulleys

ZZP SS Intercooler with Stage 1 pump

ZZP Oversized radiator

ZZP Polyurethane motor mounts

ZZP Racing Transmission with 3.29 ratio gearing and 1 year warranty

Digital Horse Power Custom Tuned PCM w/timing tables

Tech Edge Happy Knob for timing adjustment with DHP PCM +/- 6 degrees

The Other Guys Ceramic Coated Headers

Ubend and Resonator delete on the exhaust

Tech Edge Fan Switch

MSD Ignition and Wires

Autolite 103 Spark Plugs

ZZP Stage 2 Throttle Body

Lucas Oversized Fuel Injectors

Tech Edge Mini-AFC

Tech Edge EGR Delete

Boost, Tranny Temp, Oil Pressure gauges

Thats pretty sick.. How much did all of that cost you?

not to intrude but alot of people on other sites make fun of our ss.com website i go to bat for us all the time, they say what kind of people write down their kills and without anyone witnessing the race we all say nice kill, to me if you post a kill it should be the truth and without lie, , to me the saying dont lie to ride comes in, totranslate, you dont have to lie bout anything to get along with a person or fit in be yourself. we all believe you when you say you beat someone, you did you did you lost you lost whatever. better luck next race, i could care less who comes in here running how they beat an ss, friend or foe, not evey ss in here is the same some have blowers some have headers, etc, you might have gotten a slowno modded on try a bloer ss and see or at the track with nos, thats all i have to say,

not to intrude but alot of people on other sites make fun of our ss.com website i go to bat for us all the time, they say what kind of people write down their kills and without anyone witnessing the race we all say nice kill, to me if you post a kill it should be the truth and without lie, , to me the saying dont lie to ride comes in, totranslate, you dont have to lie bout anything to get along with a person or fit in be yourself. we all believe you when  you say you beat someone,  you did you did you lost you lost  whatever.  better luck next race, i could care less who comes in here running how they beat an ss, friend or foe, not evey ss in here is the same some have blowers some have headers, etc, you might have gotten a slowno modded on try a bloer ss and see or at the track with nos, thats all i have to say,

...yea..

Well anyone can say what they want and ill be able to adequitly deal with it because im not lying :shrug:

but yea...I wouldnt be suprised if a blown SS beat me, ive been beaten many times before..

I really dont see where inthe world you come off saying out of the hole they suck, infact out of the hole is where i own.

I've got a video of a stock grandprix gtp racing a stock mustang GT, at the beggining of the race they stayed neck and neck till the GTP started pulling ahead.

I dont know of ANY other stock FWD v6s that can stay neck and neck to a RWD v8 when aggresivly launched :shrug:

FWD V6's hmm, honda accord V6 6 speed coupe, accord hybrid, mitsubishi gallant ralliart, nissan maxima, nissan altima ser, acura tl 6 speed are faster then a gtp all with v6's and fwd, im sure theres more, thats all i can think of at the top of my head

Archived