I'm using BTE Super Shift. Supposed to be specially formulated for high performance vehicles. Also claims a 35 degree drop in temps. I wouldn't change though, unless you were doing a complete swap of fluid.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using BTE Super Shift.  Supposed to be specially formulated for high performance vehicles.  Also claims a 35 degree drop in temps.  I wouldn't change though, unless you were doing a complete swap of fluid.

Sir, How difficult is it to do a full swap on tranny fluid. I am going to PCS in July so I was thinking about swapping my fluid all together. Can I do it myself? :driving::flag:

According to a local-area tranny serviceman (there may be a better way): Have two buckets, one empty and the other filled with several gallons of the fresh fluid. Remove the trans cooling lines from the radiator, place the output (pressure) side in the empty bucket, and the intake (suction) side in the fresh fluid. Start engine and let idle until all old fluid has been pumped out and new fluid drawn in. Replace lines onto radiator and check fluid level. Again I have not done this myself so I have no idea if this gets all the fluid out of the convertor or not, or if there is an easier way (using compressed air?) to completely drain the entire trans.

Mr. P. :)

I have tried, once, "trick" methods to replace all of the fluid. I would take to a tranny shop, maybe even if Jiffy Lube does, take them the required amount of fluid, and have them do it.

I believe the entire system is just short of 12qts. I'd buy 13.

Best way I know.

I also use AMSoil.Works great. :thumbs: Does annyone elts think that the trans  drain bolt sucks.Theres nothin to bite on to.I had to get a new one and it cost me 12.00$ for a new one

Man that's no joke, I stripped mine so bad I'm going to have to weld a nut onto it...

According to a local-area tranny serviceman (there may be a better way):  Have two buckets, one empty and the other filled with several gallons of the fresh fluid.  Remove the trans cooling lines from the radiator, place the output (pressure) side in the empty bucket, and the intake (suction) side in the fresh fluid.  Start engine and let idle until all old fluid has been pumped out and new fluid drawn in.  Replace lines onto radiator and check fluid level.  Again I have not done this myself so I have no idea if this gets all the fluid out of the convertor or not, or if there is an easier way (using compressed air?) to completely drain the entire trans.

Mr. P. :)

But isnt there a filter to change?

Paging ZIPPY, We need assistance on isle 5. :D

What fluid do you suggest?

Anything else you suggest?

Does this look like it would work on our transmisson? ATF Fluid Change

And what about our transfer case?

I really want to do this before I PCS (Permanent Change of Station). Moving to Vegas in July. Its 2000 mile drive from here, using the Alaska Marine Highway System. Its not a bad idea to change the fluid before this trip?

Archived