zippy shift kit just installed - w/o purple spring

thanks zippy for the kit, and the help to me and the mechanic :thumbs: he just wanted to give up too soon i think.

got it installed, minus the big purple spring and 2 little blue springs :dunno::dunno: . the mechanic highly recoomended that i dont install the purple spring until i get the higher stalling torque converter. he said he can guarentee me, i would thank him, so i took his word on i. he claims f body guys come in all the time wanting them removed and replaced with the stock spring :dunno: after it was all said and done, i was looking over the directions and in step 4 is where the purple spring goes in. iam sure that is what is directly related to that hard zippy shift, but what are the left over little blue springs??? the mech said they werent needed :dunno:

it shifts great now without, iam just wondering. its like a damn slingshot now when i go WOT. i cant imagine how its gonna be with the other spring. i wish i would have said screw and and told him to put it in anyways :banghead::banghead: . i take it i only have a half zippy shift kit installed right now :dunno:

anyways, i pull out of the garage and put in the new tuned PCM for the shift kit and do the relearn proccess :banghead: so i turn on my trusty g-tech to get some times and i have actually lost .5-.6 tenghs of a second on my times :banghead:

i was running 0-60 in 5.9 and the 1/4 in 14.2 g tech times. now iam running the 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and the 1/4 in 14.8. i thought i was supposed to gain .2 .3 tenghs with the torque managment turned off :dunno: iam hoping its just being a new PCM in there and it has to go through its learn procces :dunno:

does anybody have similiar experiences with this, or know what is going on. the other times i have gotten a re tune, it didnt seem to suffer at all, but this was waaaayy worse times.

anyways guys thanks for any help in advance, and thanks again zippy, i love the shifts.

p.s zippy, what insight can you give me to this spring situation.

todd

that purple spring is for the forward accumulator. there is no reason they didn't put that in, it won't cause a harsh shift. damn kids these days i tell ya. one thing that may be a difference with the g-tech times is the shifts might cause an error with the g-tech.

that purple spring is for the forward accumulator. there is no reason they didn't put that in, it won't cause a harsh shift. damn kids these days i tell ya. one thing that may be a difference with the g-tech times is the shifts might cause an error with the g-tech.

That sucks. I was hoping nothing would affect the gtech as that's what I use. Oh well tax people wrote it off for the business any way. I hope to get a zippy kit soon. Can a rookie install this kit? :dunno:

That sucks. I was hoping nothing would affect the gtech as that's what I use. Oh well tax people wrote it off for the business any way. I hope to get a zippy kit soon. Can a rookie install this kit? :dunno:

after watching it done by the "professionals :crackup: " i am pretty sure that its something any normal joe with intermiediate mech skills could do.

i think you hit it right on with that zippy. i honestly think it shifts so hard at WOT that its screwing with it. why i can confirm this now??? well because i just took it out again(little joy ride :driving: ) and was going to do my gtech horsepower rating just for the hell of it. it clocked me in at a whopping 190 HP max :crackup::crackup: . everytime the truck would go to shift, the gtech would go absolutely berserk.

i've ran into this before with some others we've tried to g-tech. on top of that if you've every tried to g-tech with a manual trans car you'l find the numbers are very inconsistant. the g-tech needs to stay level through the whole run and it can't do that in those cases.

Archived