Diff noise solution

I HAVE STARTED GETTING A HOWLING NOISE WHEN TURNING AT LOW SPEEDS FOR ABOUT THE LAST 6000 MILES OR SO AND CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT IS COMING FROM.

BUT THE WORST IS THAT WHEN THE TRUCK HAS NOT BEEN DROVE FOR 4 OR 5 HOURS, THEN YOU START DRIVING AND GET TO 35 OR 40 AND CRUISE FOR A SECOND, WHEN YOU LET OFF OF THE GAS THERE IS A HARD JERK FROM THE REAR END. IT IS ALMOST LIKE YOU HIT SOMETHING. VERY ANNOYING AND IT HAS DONE IT FROM DAY ONE.

ANY HELP OR IDEAS AS TO WHAT IT MAY BE?

:banghead:

• 2 months later...
Please do; I took my SS to the dealer with the same complaint, except no grinding, just low-speed turn howling, and the service manager had the balls to tell me that it was normal for the truck.  I was pissed, pointing to an Escalade on the sales floor and asking "so if we test drive that rig right there it will make the same exact drivetrain noises?"  It did not improve my case with him...  Anyway yes, I'm very interested in your story.

Mr. P. :)

I was told the same today I'm f****** pissed.

I HAVE STARTED GETTING A HOWLING NOISE WHEN TURNING AT LOW SPEEDS FOR ABOUT THE LAST 6000 MILES OR SO AND CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT IS COMING FROM.

BUT THE WORST IS THAT WHEN THE TRUCK HAS NOT BEEN DROVE FOR 4 OR 5 HOURS, THEN YOU START DRIVING AND GET TO 35 OR 40 AND CRUISE FOR A SECOND, WHEN YOU LET OFF OF THE GAS THERE IS A HARD JERK FROM THE REAR END.  IT IS ALMOST LIKE YOU HIT SOMETHING.  VERY ANNOYING AND IT HAS DONE IT FROM DAY ONE.

ANY HELP OR IDEAS AS TO WHAT IT MAY BE?

:banghead:

THAT'S BAD BAD BAD, if you can reproduce it regularly I would take the service manager for a ride and let him experience it. Drivetrains should never have binding like that.

Mr. P.

Ok I picked up my truck today , I went there kind of pissed off because they didn't fix the diff noise and the grinding noise while I go reverse although they did install a new cluster anyway, when I drive out and check it for the diff noise it's all gone they claimed they didn'y hear anything . The funnny thing is that it had been making it for the past 4 months and now it's gone this is wierd.

Archived