Cobalt SS

ZX9R

I work at a Chevy dealer and just drove the new Cobalt SS.:sleep: Not impressed. Everyone is talking how fast it is . I'm like this is fast?

It's ok i guess. I think a 94ish Z24 3.1 5gear would give it a run for the money. I was impressed with the instant fuel economy reading on the d.i.c. though . I think the normall asperated Cobalt 5 gear is a improvement over the Cavalier for power. I hope we see the 300 hp version of the SS and what's with that wing? How much downforce do you need on the rear wheels of a front drive car?

I wasn't expecting 'break-neck-speed' from the cobalt... I'm sure its considered fast for the class of car it would be considered to compete with. Also since the ecotech is already a very popular, stout, platform that there is already a bunch of mods out there for it that would make it fast enough to run w/ the SRT-4, EVO, and STI.

I wasn't expecting 'break-neck-speed' from the cobalt... I'm sure its considered fast for the class of car it would be considered to compete with. Also since the ecotech is already a very popular, stout, platform that there is already a bunch of mods out there for it that would make it fast enough to run w/ the SRT-4, EVO, and STI.

:withstupid:

They actually did a test of the Cobalt SS aganist the SRT 4. I think it was a really close test with the SS a little bit quicker in 0-60. It was in the most recent motor trend i believe.

LOL! I wouldn't put a lot of creedance in anything Motortrend writes about accelleration. I don't think they've ever had a driver there who knows how to launch a car properly. Take whatever they print 'n delete a half second for the actual (approximate) times. That wing on the rear is a joke... but all those little cars have 'em. 'Looks like a pushcart handle.

LOL! I wouldn't put a lot of creedance in anything Motortrend writes about accelleration. I don't think they've ever had a driver there who knows how to launch a car properly. Take whatever they print 'n delete a half second for the actual (approximate) times. That wing on the rear is a joke... but all those little cars have 'em. 'Looks like a pushcart handle.

:lol: i know i know..but i guess since they tested bothat the same time. The results would be the same just not the numbers.

Archived