Detonation

well i have been noticing a noise when wot above 3000 rpm and it sounds like a raspy sound coming from the engine i asked a buddy he said it was detonating have a similar issue 9mods are (pcm,cai,zippy shift, 05 fans)

It can be heard, yes. I won't say that that is what you are hearing. Do you have any logging software, or know anyone who does? It's the best way to see for sure.

Just started? Running 92/93 octane?

I hate the sound of detonation :banghead:

It's a pinging. some say steel marbles bouncing. I wouldn't say it ever sounded like raspy noise.

I usually hear it under heavy acceleration, kind of like the engine catching up to the power I just requested. I can make it come and go by fluctuating the pedal when I have my foot in it.

• 4 weeks later...

i had detenation after installing by diablo programer. using 9 oct. found out it was bat fuel. went to 76 gas station after burning the bad fuel off. what i did between tanks was added a can of octane boost. problem went away. what i heard when i had my detenation was what i thought was popcorn pooping. really ugly. and it happened arroubd 4k rpm. hope this helps. cesar :driving:

Archived