402 LS2

bobjr

I am going ahead and biting the bullet and swapping out my lq9 with a LS2 402 i know i will not be able to run knock sensors at this time and therefore will not or should not turbo it yet! this is true corect? My other question is that if i go with this short block what else will be needed to make it work? How hard will it be to get a tune for it? Last question sorry for so many! But what should i do with my iron block 6.0 short block? As there any market for this and if so how much should i expect to get? :ughdance:

From what I understand, you can extend you knock sensor harness and move one sensor to each exterior side of the block.

Did you go with the Scoggin Dickey 402 or the SLP 402?

You'll need to move all the exterior covers, oil pan, windage tray, lifters, lifter cups, oil pump, and timing chain. The new 402 may have a LS2 timing cover and new chain since the LS2 needs them to function.

Why not just stroke the LQ9?  Much easier IMO.

You can't be serious? Your motor build was a nightmare IMO. It wasn't your fault, but you were without a truck for months. I was feeling pretty sorry for you. Certainly that can't be "much easier".

Why not just stroke the LQ9?  Much easier IMO.

You can't be serious? Your motor build was a nightmare IMO. It wasn't your fault, but you were without a truck for months. I was feeling pretty sorry for you. Certainly that can't be "much easier".

Yeah, but my knock sensors plugged right in!! :jester:

I think doing the 408 from anyone but APE would have reduced the time considerably. And made it a lot easier...

Archived