tranny not cooked

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the deal with some of you? You guys just don’t get it. Plastic parts in a tranny =  :puke:

i understand your point. part of the idea with the plastic is that it's self lubricating and doesn't expand as much when it's hot like the aluminum does. this can cause dragging under high temps on a trans with very tight tolerances. i have replaced some of the plastic accumulator pistons (for the 1-2) at the customers request, but i haven't ran into any cracking or breaking. it's not really that big of a deal, but i just don't replace them just because. the stock one's that have broken likely had an 1870 code set which caused the computer to crank up the line pressure by default and in turn cracked the piston. some of the trucks with hypertech programming and the line pressure boost have cracked them that i've heard of. seriously it's not that big of a deal, these guys were just poking at it just as guys do between exhaust systems or anything else. i use the mentos saying for flowmasters. "flowmaster, the resonance maker". :jester: i'm not knocking someone's choice in muffler, just poking at an issue related to it. same thing with superchargers between the procharger, radix, and vortech guys. they will always pick something here and there to take a little poke at each other and it's simply a little shot just like if you were hanging around your buddies. someone has to give you a hard time or things are just boring.

TJ and I both met j4nash in kansas and we all got along pretty well then. we can't let a shift kit discussion ruin the previous good conversations we've had. it's all in giving each other a hard time. not a big deal.

lol, that was pretty bad wasn't it mister p. :jester:

hey guys good to see everyone getting along again you know we should all stick together and try to help each other out not fight but the kiss and make up thing oh gee we could have done without the kiss lol :thumbs:

Archived