Exhaust

Egrajeda

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corsa makes a fine product, although pricey.

Their sport muffler is a beast at part and wide open throttle, particularly if you're running headers ahead of it.

The touring muffler is more refined, a bit more quiet at idle and part throttle, but still roars at WOT, at least on my truck with mods in signature.

They use a straight-through muffler design on both with little or no restriction. Sound-reflective technology rather than baffles or chambers reduces noise.

Their systems are apparently unique among performance catbacks in that their is no interior resonance or drone at any engine speed, even when noise at the tailpipe is quite loud.

SSlink,

thats what I've also heard about the Corsa's. I'm having trouble deciding on which model of Corsa to get. I'm leaning toward the Sport. Although now i'm even more confused. I heard some people talking about Flo-Pro 2504's and true dual's. I have a Borla Cat back system on my 97 ws-6 T/A and love it. :dunno:

SSlink,

thats what I've also heard about the Corsa's.  I'm having trouble deciding on which model of Corsa to get.  I'm leaning toward the Sport.  Although now  i'm even more confused.  I heard some people talking about Flo-Pro 2504's and true dual's.  I have a Borla Cat back system on my 97 ws-6 T/A and love it.    :dunno:

The sport muffler sounds NASCAR awesome if you like it loud. Again, some guys with headers find it too loud. It's relatively tame at cruise but any throttle at all and...WHOA! No drone in the cab, though.

I was very tempted by the sport muffler but in the end leaned toward the quieter touring setup. I listened to both on otherwise stock 5.3 trucks, and the guys at Corsa (local here in Cleveland) warned me that with the blower the sport exhaust tone would be pretty agressive in the long haul and recommended the touring for my truck.

But, if you like to draw attention, go for the sport! You'll definitely turn heads with the sound. Hope this helps.

get a flopro and save that extra cash for other mods. Many on this forum told me our exhaust is good enough, just needs a new muffler. The florpro was suggested by Ben and it sounds great. It's louder than stock and get's pretty loud at WOT, plus it don't cost much($170 shipped). Muffler shop charged me like $40 to install so now I can put the extra $$$ toward other mods(shift kit & billet servos + magnecore plug wires, 160 stat and new plugs). Extra money can go a long way IMO. Good luck with your choice. :cheers:

ive got the gibson extrem duel on mine and it's loud but i like it. i'm going to see how it sounds after i install my TOGS if they ever get off BACK LOG :banghead::banghead:

been 2 months now :mad: if it gets to bad then im thinging of going with magnaflow duel in duel out

:seeya:

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I am new to this site. Have been using that search function a lot. I think I have tired it out. Anyway.

I am wondering what is the measurements on the muffler ends. Are they 2.25, 2.50 or 3.00. Just wondering. I am just looking to do a muffler swap soon, until I can afford a whole system, headers on back. I am looking for a dual in and dual out muffler. I am not sure which one I am going to go with yet, but I have to first find out the size. Thanks for the help

Archived