Front Lip Spoiler

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA next time i see a SS on the street with a lower air damn i know its going to be a truck from the forums.  :seeya:

I just got one for $14.54

Cheapest Mod EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D Dude that front bumper of yours will be sweeping cigarette butts up off the pavement! :cool:

Mr. P. :)

Major drama at the parts counter tonight, I went to pick up the deflector at the dealer and was told that even though they called me to come pick it up after work the did not have it. I was pissed. Told them to specifically not ring my phone until they had it in their hands next time... :mad:

Mr. P.

yea sick like how you posted to clear head lights. shareing i dears it what its all about.. i get mime on wed also see how hard it is to install.cant be too tuff . :cheers:

You didnt like my headlight idea did you LOL? ya i wanna put this piece of shit on and paint my calipers BY this weekend! ive been putting everything off for soo long...it seems like soooo much is going on right now...but anyways ill post pics and comments ASAP by the end of this week...our trucks are gonna look so good with these on...

:cheers: Shane

I got one a couple days ago. I haven't installed it yet but I slipped it on while I was getting gas. (without bolting it on) It looks like it will need a little triming for the brake air ducts, and drilling one hole on each end.

I really like the way it looks, seems a little more racier...

I need to change my oil and will do the install at the same time this weekend...

Thanks for the new tips.

JOSH

I got one a couple days ago. I haven't installed it yet but I slipped it on while I was getting gas. (without bolting it on) It looks like it will need a little triming for the brake air ducts, and drilling one hole on each end.

I really like the way it looks, seems a little more racier...

I need to change my oil and will do the install at the same time this weekend...

Thanks for the new tips.

JOSH

Ya i think it makes our trucks look a little "sporty" lol its just a little detail but i think it will look good on our front end...

im putting mine on in the morning so if i get a chance ill post.....

I put mine on today...all i can say is it was a PAIN in my ass...

dont get me wrong, it looks AWESOME!!! and it was worth every minute...it REALLY finishes off our front end...

okay first off you have to trim the top clip thing off except for about a foot on each side from the center so it will clear the "brake vents" and the corner of our bumper...after that it is EASY...its just an hour or so of prep trimming the damn thing...i came sooo close to just saying **** it and giving up just cause at first it seems there is NO way it will ever fit...after trimming the top plastic so it clears the vents and corners...i just slid it on (the remaining part of the clip "grabs" the tip of our bumper on the inside) and taped the corners to my bumper so they didnt sag down then used a small screwdriver (use anything a little sharp to mark drill holes) to mark where i was gonna drill holes...The word "drill" in a sentence with my truck in it makes me cringe but its NOT noticible AT ALL so if you ever took it off later its totally invisible cause they are tiny holes on the bottom of our bumper...after that i drilled the two holes and mounted it on...when i picked it up from the dealer i asked for 2 bolts for the existing holes on the ends of it...he was cool and gave me the ones that fit...then i drilled 4 additional holes (invisible) in the middle of our bumper and put 4 more small screws in it...and 1 more on each corner next to the factory holes to close the gap ((( This part is CRUCIAL because i learned it the hard way by thinking the two bolts will be okay for a few mins while i drive to the bolt place, i got it on and it looked okay but needed some more screws to stop it from saging and close the gaps on the corners, so im driving to this bolt place and i park and get out and it was dangling off!!! held on by those two screws...if you dont screw it all the way across the wind blows it right off))) so go buy 8 bolts and nuts ahead of time and screw it on all the way accross...long post sorry lol

HOPE THIS HELPS and its soooooo worth it once its done!!!!

PICS!!!! scroll down

747670_38_full.jpg

747670_40_full.jpg

747670_41_full.jpg

747670_42_full.jpg

Edited by mynewSS (see edit history)