8-10inch monitor suggestions

I'm going to start the process of molding in a 2nd monitor in my dash so I can run my Nav system and some of the AVICN1 functions at the same time. What I need help with is suggestions for what monitor to use. Since its just a secondary I don't need anything super high end... but I want some level of quality. While shopping I've come accross a couple of different 8 - 10" monitors for $200 and up, but I'm not sure which one I want to go with. Obviously I want TFT so that I can maintain the touch screen on both monitors... any suggestions? :dunno:

Where are you goin to mount the monitors? For just a NAV system I would run a smaller monitor.... but a larger one would look the best if mounted right. Possibly mount an 8 inch monitor in the bottom of the center console. It all depends where your thinkin about mounting it to make it look best. I say a smaller one will be the easiest to place and make it look good. How bad you really gonna need a big monitor to get around your area?

What type of system do people use to supply the screen with info for navigation?

I have a Garmin gps plugged into a laptop with Delorme maps, they are both plugged into a dc/ac inverter. It works great but it's a little large and I have wires/cables all over the place.

How do I find out all the pieces that I need and how they plug together?

Where are you goin to mount the monitors?  For just a NAV system I would run a smaller monitor.... but a larger one would look the best if mounted right.  Possibly mount an 8 inch monitor in the bottom of the center console.  It all depends where your thinkin about mounting it to make it look best.  I say a smaller one will be the easiest to place and make it look good.  How bad you really gonna need a big monitor to get around your area?

I alreay have the Pioneer AVICn1 w/ a 6.5" monitor in the stock location. This would be a secondary monitor and I want to mold it in the lower part of the center console (where the cubby's and cig lighters are)

Someone has done this already but I can't find the thread anywhere... help me out guys... I have that part of the console out and I'm getting sick of driving around w/ part of the dash missing. :shakehead:

Dylan -

I know a couple of guys have done this at the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club (CAFCNA.com)....you may want to wander over there, register, then do some searching. At last count I think they had 14,000+ members, lots of them into audio/video/nav, etc...

Kevin

669575_16_full.jpg

This is my setup it is a 9 inch screen but it is not touch screen. The biggest touch screen you could find is made by pioneer it is a 6.5 inch screen my brother has one in his truck. I tried to find a big touch screen to fill that hole in but I had no luck.Mine is called a Camos the quality is really good.

Alpine has a new monitor coming out, a 10incher and it goes for around 500 bucks, uses the same technology in the 901 screen (awesome clear picture 1.5 million pixals) and it sells as a fold down but it can also be a raw monitor for other mounting applications!

I belive it is called the DVD1000 or the PKG1000, one comes with a dvd player, the other does not! anyway,, good luck

Archived