STS vs. Radix vs. ATI vs. ...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading their blurb it just sounds like the two additional injectors that have always been in the Whipple kit.

Are they methanol injectors or other? If the radix is selling for $3800 w/o the intercooler and the meth can be added via the system linked in your sig, I would view this as a better option. Thoughts?

• 2 months later...

"3. No INTERCOOLER (hear me Rick? ) which leaves you to find a progressive meth kit, use STS's nonprogressive meth kit, or a FMIC on your own"

Not for very long......http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346707&highlight=sts+intercooler :devil:

Edited by diablo666 (see edit history)

the radix injectors are 42lbs hr., but they are rated for that at the 58psi or so that the truck's stock pressure runs at. the lightning injectors run 42lbs hr at 43.5psi rating. at the pressure an SSS runs at they are roughly 49lbs hr.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the lingenfelter truck BIGRED. I run the old Magna charger no inter cooler and have had problems with belt slipping at high rpms and have fix that by installing a smaller belt on it and fix this problem. also had to key my crank pully also. due to the crank pully spining off. I only make 420hp at the tires and trying to make 500hp.thinking of sts kits or spraying on top. need help.

hey guys i'm new to the site but not new to having an ss. i'm going to purchase an sts kit (hopefully asap :thumbs: ) and noticed that there is more than one turbo option and i wanted to upgrade from the standard kit. need help on choosing one. also what are the alternatives to tuning with sts's reccomended company Nelson. i realize a intercooler would help but is it vital to keeping engine temps cool? how good is their FMU and Fuel Pump. i noticed that one of the members has the kit and probably knows there stuff. just looking for some help. thanks guys

O.K. guys, heres another question to throw into the pile. I would love to FI the SS. BUT, my deal is I tow a 5500lb boat, sometimes a decent distance. What would be the best performance setup that I could still tow the boat with?? Thanks, this thread ROCKS!

hey guys i'm new to the site but not new to having an ss.  i'm going to purchase an sts kit (hopefully asap :thumbs: ) and noticed that there is more than one turbo option and i wanted to upgrade from the standard kit.  need help on choosing one.  also what are the alternatives to tuning with sts's reccomended company Nelson.  i realize a intercooler would help but is it vital to keeping engine temps cool?  how good is their FMU and Fuel Pump.  i noticed that one of the members has the kit and probably knows there stuff. just looking for some help. thanks guys

You want at GT67 upgrade for the turbo. I do my own tuning, so I can't really comment on alternatives, besides doing it yourself ;) I didn't get the FMU -- I put in twin walbro 255 lph pumps (that I got from Dave South at STS).

Get the intercooler, IMO and skip the meth kit. If you do neither, you can't really run more than 7psi, so you might as well budget for the intercooler and be done with it so you can turn it up when you want to. The intercooler doesn't keep the engine cool, it keeps the intake charge temp low, which helps to avoid detonation.

O.K. guys, heres another question to throw into the pile.  I would love to FI the SS.  BUT, my deal is I tow a 5500lb boat, sometimes a decent distance.  What would be the best performance setup that I could still tow the boat with??  Thanks, this thread ROCKS!

IMO you can tow with any FI setup, but some have strengths that make them the winning choice. If I was going to tow a big boat, I'd have a radix on my tow vehicle -- plenty of low end torque.