SRT-10 Quad Cab

Dylan06SS

The wife and I went to her cousins new coffee shop she just opened about 30 minutes away this morning. On the way back (around 11:00) I spotted a black SRT-10 quad cab ahead of me on the free way so I gunned it to catch up. The second this guy spotted me coming he go on it and started weaving in and out of traffic (ricer style) I gave him a chase, but I wasn't willing to drive recklessly like he was. He finally got pinned in behind a bigrig in the slow lane and I caught him... I gave him the look, but all he did was shake his head. I goosed it to entice him, but again he shook his head no... I probably didn't stand a chance, but he didn't want any part of it. As soon as traffic opened up again he changed lanes punched it and ran (with his tail between his legs)

He probably would've worked me over pretty good, but he just didn't want to give me a shot... this was my first chance to try against an SRT10... what a disappointment. :shakehead:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i bet he was thinking
ill give you a chance to backdown now and save yourself the embarrasment"
lol

lol i remember that post...good find Chase

i looked up the numbers on the SRT-10 Quad Cab (0-60 and 1/4) and they arent as impressive as i thought they would be...they're better than our trucks but not by a LOT...i hope i see one soon...that reminds me...hey SO CAL guys i wish that SRT-10 Q.C. we saw by the spot we did a few drags followed us to play lol :devil: I think Adam's truck would've been a good match

:cheers: Shane

truckin' puts it at 15.29 et.  I'm sure as heavy as it is....it would've been a good run. 

Brad

Well from my experience Truckin' can't drive a vehicle for their lives. The SS was rated at like 16.2 from truckin.. So that tells ya something. Anyways most tests got the QC thru the 1/4 at a 14.2. I kinda did a little count in my head when i drove it and was right around mid-low 5 0-60. They are decently quick but def nothing insane. Sorta hard to get going right with the 22's and rwd, but they pull pretty damn hard.. A decently Bolt-on modded SS should give it a good run from a stop, but i'd be a lil more cautious from a roll.

-Sam

01 Dak R/T

I was just excited to get side-by-side with one... I've wanted a chance to run with one for awhile now, but the best I can seem to get is rumble bees :banghead:

Wouldve been nice to show him how closly my 345 hp V8 could run with his 500hp V10 :devil:

I'm with you man.. Sometimes I don't care if I do lose.. just want to see how she compares. I love fast vehicles, no matter what what they look like/sound like. Last Thursday I watched a Lotus Elise run around a track.. Sounded ricey as hell, but it was a bad a$$ ride, so I overlooked the sound.. Anyway sorry he wouldn't run you... Maybe he WAS scared?!? :devil::chevy:

The SRT-10's are not as fast as they are powerful, While they are plenty fast, they have one major problem(traction). When you put that kind of torque down it's almost impossible to get it to hookup. I've seen slightly modded lightnings hand the regular cab SRT-10's their azz at the track, and the quad-cab is just too damn heavy!!! However, they both still got that big azz "Viper Engine" under the hood. ;)

The SRT-10's are not as fast as they are powerful, While they are plenty fast, they have one major problem(traction).  When you put that kind of torque down it's almost impossible to get it to hookup.  I've seen slightly modded lightnings hand the regular cab SRT-10's their azz at the track, and the quad-cab is just too damn heavy!!! However, they both still got that big azz "Viper Engine" under the hood. ;)

Amen to that bro. Thats the prob with the RC's and getting rated at like 13.6+ and crap. Who the hell spends 45k+ on a truck and cant afford a setup of slicks?? There are some around now that are bone ass stock and just a good slick setup in the deeep 13's with some decent driving. But then again, there are a lot of Lightnings that run some crap times at the track cuz of traction, if those dont have some dr's or slicks or at least a sticky track they can pull off some crappy times. Modded one last time I was out ran 2 16's in a row from traction issues LOL.

-Sam

The SRT-10's are not as fast as they are powerful, While they are plenty fast, they have one major problem(traction).  When you put that kind of torque down it's almost impossible to get it to hookup.  I've seen slightly modded lightnings hand the regular cab SRT-10's their azz at the track, and the quad-cab is just too damn heavy!!! However, they both still got that big azz "Viper Engine" under the hood. ;)

Amen to that bro. Thats the prob with the RC's and getting rated at like 13.6+ and crap. Who the hell spends 45k+ on a truck and cant afford a setup of slicks?? There are some around now that are bone ass stock and just a good slick setup in the deeep 13's with some decent driving. But then again, there are a lot of Lightnings that run some crap times at the track cuz of traction, if those dont have some dr's or slicks or at least a sticky track they can pull off some crappy times. Modded one last time I was out ran 2 16's in a row from traction issues LOL.

-Sam

Does the SRT come in both auto/manual trans? what about the Lightnings? I see a few Lightnings in my aera and no SRT's yet. What does a stock Lightning run in the 1/4 mile and 0-60? Too bad he didn't at least give you a try Dylan. It would be nice to see what you could have done next that big V10. He probably knew your AWD would give him problems if he didn't hook-up off the start. That would have hurt his ego if you got him because of traction problems. :cry:

The reg cab SRT-10 comes only with a manual, and the quad cab only with the auto. The quad cab was specifically designed to be more towing-friendly.

i bet he was thinking
ill give you a chance to backdown now and save yourself the embarrasment"
lol

I doubt if he cared about a Chevy owner's potential embarassment. I say he either just didn't want to race or he chickened out.

He probably knew you had a huge traction advantage and would really get a jump on him, probably enough to win a short race. There are also IMHO enough modded SSS's out there now that these guys never know exactly what they're gonna be up against.

I actually like the SRT-10 QC a lot. For me, there is still no sub for C.I. If those trucks were available in 4WD or AWD I might even own one, in spite of my long term preference for Bowties.

I think it was Zippy who said that most street races are won in the first 100 feet or so. I couldn't agree more, and just love the all-weather traction our trucks have. :chevy:

Yeh thats what makes the SS better then just a normal Silverado. Hp is always nice but the AWD makes your truck what it is to a good extent, especially on the street. Plus the aftermarket and avail mods for the 6.0 nowadays is getting very nice. Bowties have had that advantage for a while. I mean how many racing stores on here end up going to 110 or are highway pulls? hardly any, almost all are from a stop, and exactly where they should start hehe. Like the SRT-4 owners, most won't race anyyyone outta the hole, will always want to go from a roll. You guys def have that advantage for sure, now if they only made the SS in a RC I would prob have one heh.

Oh and judging by who I know personally that own SRT-10's, I highly doubt they knew how nasty a SSS can get, he just prob thought why waste the 8mpg on racing a Silverado. Seems like they have that mentality for sure.. It's got a Viper motor.. it can beat anything!...

-Sam

Yeh thats what makes the SS better then just a normal Silverado. Hp is always nice but the AWD makes your truck what it is to a good extent, especially on the street. Plus the aftermarket and avail mods for the 6.0 nowadays is getting very nice. Bowties have had that advantage for a while. I mean how many racing stores on here end up going to 110 or are highway pulls? hardly any, almost all are from a stop, and exactly where they should start hehe. Like the SRT-4 owners, most won't race anyyyone outta the hole, will always want to go from a roll. You guys def have that advantage for sure, now if they only made the SS in a RC I would prob have one heh.

Oh and judging by who I know personally that own SRT-10's, I highly doubt they knew how nasty a SSS can get, he just prob thought why waste the 8mpg on racing a Silverado. Seems like they have that mentality for sure.. It's got a Viper motor.. it can beat anything!...

-Sam

Sam... you nailed it. That is the EXACT reason I want to race one... I think I'd kill him out of the hole, but he'd reel me back in eventually. The main thing is that I want to do is to knock that cocky "I've got a V10" attitude out of one of these guys. The SRT10 guys don't respect anything else on the road... but I'd like to teach them a lesson... or get adam out there w/ his Vortech supercharged SS and REALLY show them something :devil:

Archived