Mobile 1 Oil

Yeah, I always change at 5,000 with synthetic,

no matter what the oil maker suggests or the

truck owners manual says. Frequent oil changes

is cheap insurance.

:withstupid:

The new formulated Mobil 1 might protect well to 15K miles, but I'd definitely be worried about how effective my filter is at that kind of mileage.

Good thread. I'll throw out a couple questions?

Who uses semi-synthetic and who uses fully-synthetic?

Which is better in your opinion? I'm located in KY so what weight would be best for my weather conditions?

I use fulll synthetic Mobil 1. I am not sure it's necessary with a relatively low-reving engine like the LQ9, but I do. I try to take the best care of my truck and cars that I can.

In the unlikelyhood that I do go a little longer between oil and filter changes, I feel like I have a little more insurance than with regular dino oil. :)

I think Mobil 1 0W-40 is great stuff. Performs like an ultra-low viscosity oil on cold weather start-ups and still holds up great at high engine speeds and heat. :thumbs:

The guy was blowing smoke up your ass.

Mobil 1 is still available, but now they have Mobil 1 high endurance formula that is rated for up to 15,000 miles between changes. I think its a little more expensive per quart... an oil change place tried to pull this on my wife a couple of weekends ago and SURPRISE when I showed up and confronted the guy on it they had standard mobil 1 synthetic. Just minutes earlier they had told her the same "reformulated" BS and said it was going to be $3.50 more per quart... just an example of people trying to take advantage of the consumer.  :icon_bs:

Dylan's right...I just bought "Mobil 1 5W-30 Super-Syn"

That other stuff is just a new line from Mobile 1...

I just buy 6 qts. then take it to the Dealer and have them change it...

I change my oil when the DIC tells me to or soon after 0%

Does anyone use "Royal Purple"?????? Ive always wondered if it really works

or makes a difference at all? The way they market it makes it seem all high performance...

Thanks in advance

:cheers: Shane

I use royal purple and have seen the tests, This is a good oil. :driving:

I use Lucas Oil fully synthetic 5w-20 and I change mine every 2 months if it needs it or not. I use 5 quarts of oil and 1 quart of fully synthetic oil stabilizer (also Lucas). I know my schedule is a bit excessive, but I race my truck almost every weekend so I figure the more often the better. I also use a K&N Oil Filter. www.lucasoil.com :thumbs:

i have a couple questions...

Whats the difference between 0W, 5W and 10W???

What do they mean and what would be the best for

California weather???

Which on is the best performer???

Thanks in Advance...

i just bought mobile 1 full synthetic 15w-50

What’s the difference between 0W, 5W and 10W???

-basically in cold weather you want a lower number but in hot weather you want to run i higher number

California weather???

for cal. i would run at least a 10w-30

Which on is the best performer??

mobile 1 full synthetic 15w-50

Just some interesting reading if you are bored and curious about oil.

http://www.oilsandlube.com/which_30_weight_oil_do_i_use.htm

also from the same sight

Oils that fall into a certain range are designated 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 by the S.A.E. The W means the oil meets specifications for viscosity at 0 F and is therefore suitable for Winter use.

The synthetics offer the only truly significant differences, due to their superior high temperature oxidation resistance, high film strength, very low tendency to form deposits, stable viscosity base, and low temperature flow characteristics. Synthetics are superior lubricants compared to traditional petroleum oils. You will have to decide if their high cost is justified in your application.

The extended oil drain intervals given by the vehicle manufacturers (typically 7500 miles) and synthetic oil companies (up to 35,000 miles) are for what is called normal service. Normal service is defined as the engine at normal operating temperature, at highway speeds, and in a dust free environment. Stop and go, city driving, trips of less than 10 miles, or extreme heat or cold puts the oil change interval into the severe service category, which is 3000 miles for most vehicles. Synthetics can be run three to four times the mileage of petroleum oils with no problems. They do not react to combustion and combustion by-products to the extent that the dead dinosaur juice does. The longer drain intervals possible help take the bite out of the higher cost of the synthetics. If your car or bike is still under warranty you will have to stick to the recommended drain intervals. These are set for petroleum oils and the manufacturers make no official allowance for the use of synthetics.

i just bought mobile 1 full synthetic 15w-50

What’s the difference between 0W, 5W and 10W??? 

-basically in cold weather you want a lower number but in hot weather you want to run i higher number

California weather???

for cal. i would run at least a 10w-30

Which on is the best performer??

mobile 1 full synthetic 15w-50

thanks for the info man...

but by best performer i meant like is there a difference in performance between 0W, 5W or 10W???

I am using Mobile 1 "super-syn" and always have but the oil fill cap says "5W-30" so thats what ive always used plus the dealer does it but...just wondered if they all perform the same...or if one is better for you car? for example if i use a 0W-30 will it boost or hurt performance and is it bad for my truck?????

Archived