delayed 1-2 shift

my trans isn't shifting from 1-2 at wot, i have to lift the throttle to shift.

last time i had this my trans gave up after 2 days.

maybe i have a bad valvebody? will one from a 4L60E fit?

Other idea's?

I had this exact same problem with my first trans WOT it would not shift 1-2 and felt as if it went into neutral till I got off the throttle and the rpm came down a bit. The dealer changed the valve body and it was fine.

Other idea's?

i would get it on a scanner and see if its commanding the shift,you may have a bad TPS

Other idea's?

i would get it on a scanner and see if its commanding the shift,you may have a bad TPS

i see in the scan tp at 99% 57mph and 6030 rpm and fuelcutoff(revlimiter)

i used the towmode yesterday but can't think how this could effect things.

the transtemp meter is allways between 1/2 and 2/3 on the meter, full gauge is 300 so 2/3 is 200 :dunno:

what you need to do first is see if the pcm is commanding the shift. this will tell you if your problem is in the programming or of it is in the trans itself. if the pcm commands the shift and it doesn't occur, you have a trans problem. if you don't see it commanding the shift to second before you hit the rev limiter you have a programming problem.

what you need to do first is see if the pcm is commanding the shift. this will tell you if your problem is in the programming or of it is in the trans itself. if the pcm commands the shift and it doesn't occur, you have a trans problem. if you don't see it commanding the shift to second before you hit the rev limiter you have a programming problem.

i don't know how i can see it commanding the shift in the log :dunno:

Last time it went the same way, i think i have a problem in the valve-body.

Does the 4l60E valvebody fit the 4L65E?

i transport my car next week to the transshop.

I had this exact same problem with my first trans WOT it would not shift 1-2 and felt as if it went into neutral till I got off the throttle and the rpm came down a bit. The dealer changed the valve body and it was fine.

:withstupid: There a Tecnical Service Bulletin out for the 4L65E Trans.

This tranny is the same beefed up puppy found in the 2500HD series, the 4L60E is the almost same except it's not rated HD.

At least GM put in the most expensive tranny(except for the Allison) in ths SS.

Mine was doing same, runs fine with new v :thumbs: version of valve body

Should be covered under your warranty.

Dr Mike :driving:

This tranny is the same beefed up puppy found in the 2500HD series, the 4L60E is the almost same except it's not rated HD.

No Warranty for me overhere (europe) it's not "officialy" imported by the dealer.

I 3 times e-mailed the dealer in texas about the tailgate-cable's but got no response :sigh: The transshop overhere doesn´t have a 4L65E valvebody but has from the 4l60E.

So what steps can i take to get the new version of the valvebody overhere?

No Warranty for me overhere (europe) it's not "officialy" imported by the dealer.

I 3 times e-mailed the dealer in texas about the tailgate-cable's but got no response :sigh: The transshop overhere doesn´t have a 4L65E valvebody but has from the 4l60E.

So what steps can i take to get the new version of the valvebody overhere?

That sucks, on top of service problems you must be paying through the nose for gas in europe...

Have you tried GM Tech in Detroit or Oshawa Ontario Canada.

I'm not sure, but I think member Hamur may work at GM Canada Plant in Oshawa, Canada and who knows maybe can put you on path to getting you.

Hope you get your problem resolved by GM.

Cheers

Dr Mike

Archived