highest top speed in a sss

HOLSTEIN

The stock Radix tune has the speed limiter set at 128, and I bumped into that once. The truck feels surprisingly stable at high speed. One of these days I should get out to a dry lake with LSR Mike and see what it will do with the speed limiter changed. I suspect we will run out of gearing before anything else.

i have a few logged runs showing 130+. the 140 estimate was with him slightly pulling from the subaru which was doing 138 (140 speed in the wrx). we talked to the wrx owner when we got to the track.

:D That was fun! She said she nearly dropped her sandwhich when the Tahoe and the SSS first buried it and tried to race. Then she said she was even more shocked when I pulled on her :cool:

She was pretty cool about it..... even more props for being a chick into racing! :cheers:

I've tapped 100 before. That would be instant jail time here in the land of 55mph speed limits and 75+ being reckless driving. :banghead: Would rather not lose my security clearance and job for driving too fast. :shakehead:

:confused:  148 mph with HP Tuners 6200rpm in 3rd. :D 

It would never shift to 4th so I let off it :cry:

So you've actually logged 148 @ 6200??

I know i've hit my revlimiter @ 6100 rpm in 3rd... I figured that would be around 140. Never actually logged the speed though.

:confused:  148 mph with HP Tuners 6200rpm in 3rd. :D 

It would never shift to 4th so I let off it :cry:

So you've actually logged 148 @ 6200??

I know i've hit my revlimiter @ 6100 rpm in 3rd... I figured that would be around 140. Never actually logged the speed though.

Yep but it wasnt on the revlimiter. My revs were set at 6500rpm it just wouldnt shift into 4th :mad:

I think that was all she had :sick:

Do you do your own tuning?? Where do you have it set to shift to 4th? What other mods do you have. Just wondering cause 6000+ seems kinda high on the stock cam.

I know if I had the balls to let it go past 6100 it would have had kept going....

Do you do your own tuning??  Where do you have it set to shift to 4th?  What other mods do you have.  Just wondering cause 6000+ seems kinda high on the stock cam.

I know if I had the balls to let it go past 6100 it would have had kept going....

Yes I did my own tune with HP Tuners with a little help. The mods Super Maxx headers, nitrous cam, 2 stages of nitrous, AFR heads, High rev cam kit,just install ATI procharger with vortex charger intake tube to use stock air box about 4 weeks before CRASH, and a few more

I just look at the tune the 3rd to 4th shift was set at 255mph :wtf: at 80 % trottle

I gess this would explain why it wouldnt shift

Archived