Jet Ski's...couple questions:

orion :: SS

We had two sea doo's when i was like 14 when we had our shore house and they never gave us any problems.  Just normal maintance here and there and then had to be cleaned and stored for the winters.  They werent the fastest but it was a great time.  I would say seadoo and yami's are the top of the line these days.  Hopefully next i will be able to get one of them jet ski boat thingy's, there pretty bad A$$ :thumbs:  Buying new is always the best but its expensive, if you can find someone who has a used one check for the records showing how it was kept up with.  A lot of people who own jet ski's keep them at a marina or something and they will do all the work for them and document everything.  Good Luck with gettin one

Brian as long as you maintain them they usually wont cost you an arm and a leg to repair. Regaular maintainance is nothing more than what you would do to your vehicles plus flushing them out and washing them down after taking them out. Mine are about 9 yrs old and all I've done is replace some parts that wear over time, they are 2stoke so I change the plugs about every 6-7 runs (cheap insurance) and use a good synthetic oil. I also prep them for storage when i know the are going to sit longer than 3-4 months. I cant complain, mine have not given any major trouble. :thumbs:

ya...mine were new so i just had this place Bert's do all the work under warranty...but it was never BIG or expensive i looked at all the receipts last night lol it was always oil, spark plugs, bla bla just little things...they're so worth it though trust me! youlle love um

By the way "Fox_Forma" i like the new sig. pic...you shoulda bought a YZ though lol :devil: ...do you race pro?

Take it from me bettween me and my brothers we have had over 15 SEADOO bikes we have 5 bikes now they where all good to us we never had any real problems just minor matnince stuff they are really great bikes.

My favorite bikes are the XP it is a great bike but it is a very lite and is always jumping out of the water and is realy bad on your back but it is a blast to ride.

My most favorite bike is the RX Limited great bike very fast mine dose 72mph and it handles realy good.

The RXP is really fast 215HP supercharged 4stroke motor bike is really fast and fun to drive.

SeaDoo is a really good bike the key to keep it running good is always flush the motor out with fresh water after every time you ride it and then I cover the engien and all parts with WD40 to keep everything running good and keep all the parts from corroding.

As for another good bike Kawasaki is really good bike to but I would stick with SeaDoo. If you have any question feel free to ask. :thumbs:

By the way "Fox_Forma" i like the new sig. pic...you shoulda bought a YZ though lol  :devil: ...do you race pro?

Nah no racing these days, just ride trails and some track occasionally. Use to race when younger but got out of it because to many close calls.

• 9 months later...

Well, figured I'd post to to let you guys know I FINALLY bought one...an '00 Yamaha GP1200R

It's a NICE ski...has 36.1hrs on it, it's practially brand new.

Here's a couple pics from the FS ad:

GP1200R-2.jpg

GP1200R.jpg

Plan to take it out this weekend, at least for a short ride (water is still a little chilly!).

Anyway, still looking for one more for the wife...I have a dual trailer to trade this single trailer for already, so that's saves a couple $$$.

From everything I read on here, and the pwctoday.com forums...Yamaha is the way to go...fast and reliable. And this 1200 motor has 155hp, and it weighs ~650lbs...that's really fast on the water!

Just wanted to share...thanks again for the input.

- Brian

Well, figured I'd post to to let you guys know I FINALLY bought one...an '00 Yamaha GP1200R

It's a NICE ski...has 36.1hrs on it, it's practially brand new.

Here's a couple pics from the FS ad:

GP1200R-2.jpg

GP1200R.jpg

Plan to take it out this weekend, at least for a short ride (water is still a little chilly!).

Anyway, still looking for one more for the wife...I have a dual trailer to trade this single trailer for already, so that's saves a couple $$$.

From everything I read on here, and the pwctoday.com forums...Yamaha is the way to go...fast and reliable.  And this 1200 motor has 155hp, and it weighs ~650lbs...that's really fast on the water!

Just wanted to share...thanks again for the input.

- Brian

sweet ski, I thought about buying the same one but mine are paid for and i want to get a motorcycle so thats will wait.

PM me and we'll go riding. I need some one to go with :thumbs:

I need to get mine out and blow off the dust :D

Archived