Finall getting exhaust done

mjdxtreme

I am finally going to get my exhaust done tomorrow. I am going to my local flowmaster dealer and they are going to install a flowmaster 50 series. I am going to go with dual in and out and stay with 3 in pipes. Question I have is what do you all think as to where I should place the tips. Do I go dual out both sides, dual out one side and line them up like the ford lightening but behing the rear wheel. OR what. Where should I locate the tips? Looking for the best spot that is going to look smooth.

50's are quiet. 40 series (street) are nicer in tone. 3" all the way makes no sense. 3" in x 2 x 2.5" will produce the best gain. 'Ran that for a few years. See if you can do a twin exit in front of the right rear. Shortens the distance 'n you won't have a clearance problem over the axle if/when you lower it. How are you gonna run duel 'IN"? You'll need twin cats to do that... or none if you've got a sims box. I run true duals with X-pipe to twin Spintech race muffs, but the cats are in the downpipes from the headers.

i am actually only doing the muffler and then the new dual pipes out of the muffler. and just looking what all Ideas you guys have to place the tips. from what I understand the stock system has dual cats and dual into the muffler then it y's into one exit pipe. am I mistaken on this????

Exhaust is done I will try to get picks of it asap but I went with the flowmaster 50 series, exiting out both sides with tips similary to the escalades. They are crome and they look sweet. sounds great too. now it is on to the next mod. which will either be a ram air hood or a supercharger. not sure what one I want to do first. The hood is cheaper so that will most likely be the next mod.

Archived