Need help with a problem.

Brandon27

You will make out better on the sale of the car without the FI, more potential buyers will be interested in it and you might make more money parting out the blower. Especially, now you can advertise the car as having a fresh engine, it might fetch a better resale for you. This could work out... Did your uncle agree to pay for busted parts?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update,

It is like a drama series. Called him last night and now he is saying I am pretty much screwed on the mottor, but he will pay for the front end. I told him I don't care about the front, just the motor. What is funny is that my uncle said my cousin never left on those days, well yesterday I found out he was gone to the docs for 3 hours. My uncle still stands by his guys. I asked him if he talked to any of the guys who worked on my car. His answer was not yet. He is not trying very hard to get to the bottom of things. He said he ws going to ask some questions today. My uncle said that maybe I couldn't hear the knock with the exhaust leak. I said I don't need to hear when I can feel it knocking. I think I am wearing him down, but he is like a fart in the wind. I have been very nice so far. I am making the point to him that I will not give up and I am willing to go to the next level if need be.

I will make out ok if I sell the blower, just need to get a cold air kit to replace it.

I am sure there will be more to add:)

Brandon

Is this your uncle on your dad's or mother's side? I would use that to your advantage. If this is your dads brother, then have him let your uncle know he's not happy about the situation. Same thing if it's your mothers brother. Your uncle might take this more serious if his brother/sister says something and expresses concern if he's close to his sibling. Hope it all works out for you.

Brandon - keep at it, things are progressing and you're right you are wearing him down, he is just now accepting the fact that your car is a problem that won't go away. Problem is that he is still skirting responsibility and is just trying to find the 'cheapest' way out of this nightmare. You KNOW you are in the right, and you know that if push comes to shove comes to legal action he owes you a motor. The drama is happening because you have left him room to try and re-write the deal later; try to get him to explicitly agree to a workable course of action and then when he tries to pull the 'I changed my mind, I'll pay for the body work instead' remind/tell him to stick to his commitment.

Mr. P. :)

So my uncle calls me yesterday and asked me to come over. I go thinking he has good news. Not!!!

The guys at the shop said that they knew the motor was bad on Saturday(first day I took it there and they said they were too busy to get the manifold leak taken care of). So bad in fact, that they thought it shouldn't even be driven at all. But they told me to come back during the week to get the leak fixed. Ya I would really wanna get exhaust work done when the motor is bad:) I stood right with those guys on Saturday, they never once said anything about the motor, they also thought the ex. man had a leak. So I am going up to the shop tomorrow with my uncle to sit down with these guys. I am going to make these guys squirm:) Should be fun. So tomorrow should be the end of this drama.

Brandon

Well you've got more patience than I do! I'd have taken it to a judge by now! But you are in the right and at this point have nothing to loose, go get 'em!

Mr. P. :)

dude, start your paper trail. That is the most important thing if you cannot agree or what it sounds like if they dont tell the truth the documentation is what will cover your as$. It can also so a judge how much time they took and how they did not take your claim seriously. Does your stste have a BBB (better business Bureau)? call them and see what they do to business's that dont take care of their customers. To say it was bad on sat is sooooo BS, any other place you whould have had a phone call as soon as they placed it on the lift after driving it and told the owner of this problem...not to be playing both sides but you also need to make sure that your car did not have a pre-existing condiditon, if you drove it up from OHIO and no problems then you should be ok...write it all down b4 you for get, dates and times!

dude, start your paper trail. 

:withstupid:

This includes statements from everything - telephone and in-person conversations. This cannot be emphasized enough. You need verbatim accounts of all your interactions. When/if you go to court (personally, I think this will end up in court, I don't think your uncle will come through...), you will appear to be the rational one who is unemotional and together, with all of his records.

When you sit down to call, have pen and paper in hand, and write things down as they are said. When you go visit him, have your notebook in the car, so right after your interaction you can write down exactly what was said by all parties. Right now, take as much time as you need to in order to log everything as it has happened up until today.

Really, I can't emphasize how important this is and will be to you getting what you need from this situation. The more documentation you have, the higher the likelihood that you wil come out on top. If you have hardly any documentation, you probably won't have a good outcome.

Well here is the final update. My uncle and I went to the shop. The guy that actually worked on my car didn't say 2 words. There was another guy that checked the car out on Staurday(1st day I was there) and he said he told me he heard noise coming from the bellhousing. I told him he was full of ----. It was like a 30 second meeting. My uncle handed me $1000. That is not going to cover much. That means I have to do all the work on the front myself(not a huge deal), and I will have to shell out 500+ on the motor. I will have to make the cost up by selling the blower and going back to stock. Not a real happy ending, but I learned a good lesson. I have been preparing for the worst. I have done 4 detail jobs this week on top of my teaching job and I booked one for tonight, so I have plenty of money saved up. Just sucks! Never again will I or any of my friends go to his shop. Word of mouth is deadly.

Brandon

p..s. Those a--holes will get what they have coming sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Well here is the final update.  My uncle and I went to the shop.  The guy that actually worked on my car didn't say 2 words.  There was another guy that checked the car out on Staurday(1st day I was there) and he said he told me he heard noise coming from the bellhousing.  I told him he was full of ----.  It was like a 30 second meeting.  My uncle handed me $1000.  That is not going to cover much.  That means I have to do all the work on the front myself(not a huge deal), and I will have to shell out 500+ on the motor.  I will have to make the cost up by selling the blower and going back to stock.  Not a real happy ending, but I learned a good lesson.  I have been preparing for the worst.  I have done 4 detail jobs this week on top of my teaching job and I booked one for tonight, so I have plenty of money saved up.  Just sucks!  Never again will I or any of my friends go to his shop.  Word of mouth is deadly.

Brandon

p..s. Those a--holes will get what they have coming sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

You should have bluffed a little and told him your attorney advised you against taking any cash. I'm glad you got something out of him though. It's just not worth it to deal with family. You end up getting screwed sooner or latter. :banghead:

Archived