My sister called me out!

misterp

My sister just bought a Mercedes Benz S500, she's in love with it and is convinced and wants to beat my SS the next time we meet up! (Must run in the family :D )

I think it'll be preeeety close race! But I'm pretty sure the JAG tranny + PCMForLess will give Ony the win light... :driving:

Mr. P. :)

The only credible test of the S500 that I have seen was in Autoweek I think it was clocked at a 14.6 in the quarter. With a good tune in your SSS I think it will be close. Launch hard and get out in front of her. Then don't let her pass....

But seriously, did you get a converter along with that Jag tranny? If so I think you can win... :chevy:

The Benz is a 2002 S500, 375hp (no AMG package) with 6spd tiptronic. SSLink, I think you're right if the SS was stock with shift kit + servos they're be no way but I did get a TCS 2800 converter - and she doesn't know that WAHAHAHAHA :devil:

The Benz is a 2002 S500, 375hp (no AMG package) with 6spd tiptronic.  SSLink, I think you're right if the SS was stock with shift kit + servos they're be no way but I did get a TCS 2800 converter - and she doesn't know that  WAHAHAHAHA  :devil:

I think with the 2800 stall you're in pretty good shape. That plus your PCM4L tune should give you a nice edge. Go into the race with no more than 1/4 tank of gas; maybe even remove your spare tire, tailgate and/or back seat to drop some weight. Sis will have a surprise in store for her.

I think the 2002 S500 came with the same 302 HP V-8 in the current car. The S600 had a 365 HP V-12. IF Sis has 375 HP that engine's had some work done to it. I think Mercedes underrates its powerplants but not by 73 HP.

I think your 65E programmed and with a shift kit is much better suited for a drag race then her Tiptronic gizmo. Just put your foot through the floor and keep it there until you shut down at about 100 mph or so. Beyond that aerodymics will give her an edge if she stays with it. Play it right and she should be buying you lunch. :thumbs:

and dont let her turn off the driving aids, I was lucky enought to get some wheel time of one testing its first lazer cruise control...and it was fast but when I figured out the traction control...broke rear wheels lose easy...should be a fun race.

When my SSS was bone stock my wife called me out in her '04 Caddy N* SRX and took me in a close race to 100 mph. More motivation to get the Radix (as if I needed it). :D

Now she always wants to drive my truck... ;)

At least you guys have a fair race(s) going on. There is only one family member that wants to race me, my uncle and his Corvette. Talk about a disadvantage, he also used to be a racer at oval tracks when he was younger. That 6 speed is deadly when in the hands of a pro. He has beaten me every single time we have raced with the SSS, even w/NOS he still wins(of course he does have a s/c and various other mods)He won't race the Trans Am though......guess he's scared of losing braggin' rights in the family :D He may down talk the truck but he knows that if were his Vette stock he might not win so much.And he want to buy the new Vette with the LS7!!! Guess I'll really be getting my ass handed to me then :sigh:

Archived