Did I get a fair deal on my 04 SS?

skipdaddie

I just bought an 04 Black SS w/ 8800 miles from a GMC dealer. I paid $10,800 and gave them my 02 Sierra Z-71.

27,800 for the SS

17,000 trade-in for my clean 02 Sierra with 63K miles.

I think I got a good deal overall, because the 02 was not worth $17,000....Ford was only going to give me $12,500 for it and I could have sold it to a private party for $15,000.

Is this a good deal?

Don't worry, I went from a Z-71 to the SS, and you'd need a hammer and chisle to remove the smile from my face!! You'll get used to it pretty damn quick! BTW sounds like you got shafted... not!! Enjoy the new toy! :thumbs::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought an 04 Black SS w/ 8800 miles from a GMC dealer.  I paid $10,800 and gave them my 02 Sierra Z-71. 

27,800 for the SS

17,000 trade-in for my clean 02 Sierra with 63K miles.

I think I got a good deal overall, because the 02 was not worth $17,000....Ford was only going to give me $12,500 for it and I could have sold it to a private party for $15,000.

Is this a good deal?

Isn't it cool how the dealers ask more than the SS is worth, but they give you more than the Sierra is worth? Sounds like an ok deal to me. If it will make you feel any better.... Just remember the used car dealer has kids to feed and a coke habit to support.

The only good deal is the one you are happy with!

It sounds like it is pretty good, you got an SS for less than $11,000.

:banghead:  a good deal is something you are happy with and have no regrets doing.

couldn't have said it better myself

Archived