heads, cam, radix....

To change the injectors you need to make 5/8" spacers and get 30mm lon 6x1 thread metric bolts. Also you need to get the older style pigtails and cut and splice. I should put together a little package kit.

The cam was a custom grind that TSP did. Its off a xer lobe. the specs are 220/224 572/577 on a 114+4 with Comp 918's.

It seemd to pull nicely to the 6200 RPM shift point with the 2.8l. I would like to get video of it up as it came out nicely. My digital camara was throwing a fit yesterday though. You can here the stock muffler fill right up on the video though.

Mike said he would never cam it lol. I said we were going to stab on in and he thought I was just joking. Me and Zip are a bad influince.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Springs come with that cam zip? or are they even necessary? I was really considering the LPE cam GT2-3 (207/220, .573/.580 - 118.5), are you saying this cam is worthless with the 2.9" pulley & stock (radix 8.1) injectors? Or are you saying its a pain/impossib. to tune for it with those injectors? I need some help here man... not saying i need my hand held... just a push in the right direction... unless you guys are saying "itll cost ya" to give me a hand here.

that lingenfelter cam is a great cam for a radix'd 6.0L. this cam is what tj happened to have for another project. either cam is going to work good. the cam we used is likely to have a bit more high end power than the lingenfelter cam, but not quite as nice of an idle. tj did all of the injector work so he's deffinitly the guy to give you the info on that. i don't believe you'll be able to run the injectors you have with that cam. with bigger injectors a new cam will be a nice increase. you will also need to change valve springs. the stock ones are barely enough for the stock cam.

there are absolutely NO gm injectors i could go with? That would make life sooo much easier. Please keep me posted

thanks Zip...

George

- hey, you werent by any chance at the GM tech center on friday were you? Thought i mite have seen you there...?

they do make delphi injectors you could use. i'm working on a part number. the downside is they won't be multec's. 42's are the largest made at this point that are a bolt in. they aren't a direct bolt in basicly no matter what you do. it's a little work, but comes out nicely. the lightning injectors we also had sitting around for another job. they also just happen to be the best price available for that use.

no gm tech center for me this past weekend. this ss kept me busy all weekend. tuning that was alot of work. as well as some of the other. tj worked his ass off this weekend on it for sure himself too. way more than me, i just can't do that any more...

TJ and Zip did some awesome work this weekend on the truck. I enjoyed every second of my drive home! When the IAT's cool down the truck busts all 4 loose for a second before it grabs and goes. Coming around corners is lots of fun as well. Thanks to everyone that put in time this weekend! You guys are definetly a horrible influence...... :D

:cheers:

FuelSlut, I can put together a injector kit for you just PM me. I can give some directions and all that good stuff. As far as cam choice goes either will work well the cam that we used would provide a little more power though. You will need something comparable to a lighting injector or bigger. Those 42's might not cut it even with a voltage booster.

hows the idle on that cam?

not bad as long as you keep it above 775. pretty much any lower than that and it gets choppy enough to make the rotors in the blower get noisey. at 800 it idles stock. you can only hear it a bit in the exhaust.

:chevy: The issues you guys are talking about, do they only surface when trying to properly tune on a 6.0, or they likely to pop up with that same cam on a 5.3 combo, too?

Doesn't matter which, you'll have the same tuning issues for a cam swap, although they may differ slightly.

the advantage to the 5.3 is that it shouldn't require larger injectors. the multec's can fire at an extremely slow rate and still fuel properly. tuning anything with some cam to it is some work, but having injectors that work with you certainly helps.

So Zippy you think the SVO 42 lb are the way to go? I was thinking about those or the Delphi 50lb, although even those are supposedly hard to tune to a good idle. Looks like the smallest injector that will fuel adequately on the top end is the way to go on the street. Then again, H2Racer got the Mototron 60lbers to work.

Did the SVO 42's seem to leave a little headroom for growth on the truck you tuned? Thanks - Jeff L.

Archived