heads, cam, radix....

i believe it left a little room to go, but how much is tough to say. if you fight with most injectors you can get the truck to idle within reason. it's a matter of how much fight is worth it to you. the delphi injectors may work, we just haven't tried them in that size yet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hows the idle on that cam?

not bad as long as you keep it above 775. pretty much any lower than that and it gets choppy enough to make the rotors in the blower get noisey. at 800 it idles stock. you can only hear it a bit in the exhaust.

thanks bro, what LSA is on that bumpstick?

so, i've come across a set of brand new LQ9 heads.... bone stock, brand new, virgin GM heads.... and i'm lookin down an empty glass to get my truck movin just a bit quicker. Does anyone have a good reccommendation as to.... what i should have done/do to the heads (cc/port etc.), what type/size valves i should go with.... must keep in mind that I am radix powered, and I do drive this truck everyday. Also, what camshaft  size/duration etc. would go best as a combination.... since the radix falls high end... would/should I look for, a longer curve cam? I'm just trying to get some ideas together, any advise would help greatly....

thanks for the help & support,

George

I'd start with this thread :flag:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331490

lots of really good info here :)

Archived