Looked at SRT-10 today

Wizard

I finally stopped by the Dodge dealer to look at the SRT-10 to see what all the hoopla was all about. Let me first say the sales guy was an idiot. Second, the truck is pretty nice. but I must say it looks even less finished than the SS. I am an impulse shopper. :cry: But I didn't even think about trading in the SS.

No, disrespect to those who have done it, but the price was up around 55K. :icon_bs:

I am glad I finally stopped though, it makes me like my SS even more.

Wiz

I finally stopped by the Dodge dealer to look at the SRT-10 to see what all the hoopla was all about.  Let me first say the sales guy was an idiot.  Second, the truck is pretty nice.  but I must say it looks even less finished than the SS.  I am an impulse shopper. :cry:  But I didn't even think about trading in the SS. 

No, disrespect to those who have done it, but the price was up around 55K.  :icon_bs:

I am glad I finally stopped though, it makes me like my SS even more.

Wiz

I agree, I was not impressed with the finish either.

I'm seeing a bunch on eBay for around $45K(2005 QC). I'm guessing they will come down off the sticker price. Not too many people will pay $52K+ for a truck. Who ever pays sticker for a SS.....not me :D . Someone from this site got one for $42K and they paid off his SS. Not a bad deal. I might have to got see one up close.

:devil:

I did not pay anywhere near sticker, I was way upside down on the SS and by the time it was done, they knocked off a little over 6 grand off the sticker. In my own opinion the SRT is nice, it already has everything I was looking for, nice interior, sweet radio, and ohh yeah 500 Hp!!!!! :D

Add 22 inch rims on a SS, increase the horsepower to 500, add 2 more doors, and the other little extra's, and it would be real close to the sticker on the SRT. Plus I got a 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain warranty, which was very important to me.

Gotta admit that 7 yrs 70k warranty for 500hp is pretty cool

05 is the last year they are offering it, then it is back to 3/36.

How bad upside down were you on your SS. I've only had mine 1 year and got 23,000 miles on here. I thought about looking into a black SRT-10 in area. I know I still owe $34K on my SS and really doubt they would pay it off if I traded. I was upside down on my last truck that I traded for the SS and they paid it off plus gave me $4K to put toward the SS. I doubt they would do that for me if I bought the SRT-10. :dunno:

Gotta admit that 7 yrs 70k warranty for 500hp is pretty cool

05 is the last year they are offering it, then it is back to 3/36.

How bad upside down were you on your SS. I've only had mine 1 year and got 23,000 miles on here. I thought about looking into a black SRT-10 in area. I know I still owe $34K on my SS and really doubt they would pay it off if I traded. I was upside down on my last truck that I traded for the SS and they paid it off plus gave me $4K to put toward the SS. I doubt they would do that for me if I bought the SRT-10. :dunno:

They ended up giving me about $27,500 for my truck, I owed about $28,000. I had around 40,000 miles on my 03'. The first offer from every dealership for my truck was between $21,000 and $23,000.

Really nice truck you have. If it had AWD, I would probably be driving one now, in spite of my loyalty to the General.

Down your way I am sure RWD is just fine!

I must say though I have over 500 HP in my SS now and there's no way I have over 50 beans in it, even with some setbacks in the buildup.

Then again, I can completely forget about my wareranty - any drivetrain issues and I am on my own.

All the best - Jeff L.

I did not pay anywhere near sticker, I was way upside down on the SS and by the time it was done, they knocked off a little over 6 grand off the sticker. In my own opinion the SRT is nice, it already has everything I was looking for, nice interior, sweet radio, and ohh yeah 500 Hp!!!!!  :D

Add 22 inch rims on a SS, increase the horsepower to 500, add 2 more doors, and the other little extra's, and it would be real close to the sticker on the SRT. Plus I got a 7 year 70,000 mile powertrain warranty, which was very important to me.

did you get any times yet at the track with your new truck? Just curious.

Archived