"Pinks"

r8rs4lf

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I just saw the first episode of the show. It was in Chicago and it was a Camaro VS. a Firebird. The Camaro was gutted out with a 300 shot of nitrous, MSD, etc. The Firebird was supposed to be stock with a 50 shot of nitrous and a stall.

I thought is was kind of odd that they didn't use a tree. The host just used his hands up in the air and let them down to go. I wouldn't do something like that if I had my car on the line.

The main plot of the show is the negotiations. There's a practice run and then best of three runs. Both drivers are allowed a practice run for the other team to see how it performs. There are no times, just whoever gets to the line first, kinda like bracket racing without times. Then both drivers are allowed to go and inspect their opponents cars inside and out. After all that, they start to negotiate about things such as car lengths, spray or no spray, etc. After the negotiations, they race the first race. Then another round of negotiations happens after everyone sees what each car had done on the previous run. Another race is done and then the same thing for the third race.

It's a trip because you can see how the negotiations part of the show will make or break you if you forget to negotiate about something. For example, the guy in the Firebird wanted the other guy to unhook his solenoids for the nitrous and remove the bottle AFTER they were done negotiating. That didn't happen. Also, if both parties can't agree on terms of the race during negotiations, the host takes both cars, so they both have to work together to get it sorted out. You can also see how a driver can sandbag by not spraying even though he had it and negotiate more car lengths. Strategy is key!!!!

It was a cool show though.

Late- Alex

What a terrible show. It was bad street racing on the track. Why they did not use the tree or timing, I'll never know. They had "spotters" at the far end of the track trying to estimate car lengths. And the rules changed as the show went on, they were obviously making things up as they went. I did enjoy when the Z blew up on the last pass, made me smile. I won't be tuning in again.

Archived