What is the best program to tune with?

j4nash

I was just wondering what the best program is to tune with. (Hp tuners, EFI Live, LS1 edit, etc.)

For your set up, I'd say EFI Live (more expensive, autotune, free 2&3 bar tuning) with HPT second (cheeaper, more experienced users).

I use HPT + megasquirt, but had EFI been out a couple months sooner, I would've done it instead of the megasquirt.

is ther anything else you would need to get besides what comes in the kit for $699?

also how easy is efi to use. do you think it would be just as good as hpt

did you guys get the 2 bar or 3 bar with your hp tuners or EFI Live?

Beyond what comes in the EFILive kit, a wideband O2 sensor is needed for the "AutoVE" tuning.

EFILive comes with the 2-bar for free.

My opinion is extremely biased as to which is better since I've been using EFILive on my SS for nearly a year. :)

I've got the Auto Tune working with a GM 2bar map. Started right up and pegged the Map my first time out with a super rich 10.1/1 AFR. The 2 Bar, Auto Tune, Coordination with EFI Live, Wide Band AUX Inputs (Not Extra$$$), Free updates, ect..

I've never used HPT but you be sorry if you go with EFIFlash Scan

BTW my truck really scoots with 15lbs of boost on pump gas w/o alky :D

I am going to buy some sort of software. Please guys, what is best. I have a Procharger on there and access to a dyno. I also have a laptop. So do these programs (efi live, ls1 edit, etc) allow me to make actual changes, or just monitor? I cannot keep sending Bryan my PCM everytime, I need to be able to change the tune.

Thanks Wiz

I am going to buy some sort of software.  Please guys, what is best.  I have a Procharger on there and access to a dyno.  I also have a laptop.  So do these programs (efi live, ls1 edit, etc) allow me to make actual changes, or just monitor?  I cannot keep sending Bryan my PCM everytime, I need to be able to change the tune.

Thanks Wiz

The answer to what is best is pretty subjective. I can tell you that I wouldn't go with LS1 edit. HPT or EFIFlash scan should do you very well. Just up to you which you want. Both of them will give you a logging and editing capability.

Hey guys, i have a couple brand new efilive cables left from the group buy over on the other site. , 650 shipped each. :) They are the flash scan and tune ones. And i think i have a commercial one left too. :) You guys can email me with any questions, Ill answer them all for you guys :) I think that saves over $80 dollars after you count the shipping, [email protected]

Sorry forgot to add, I have and own every tuning software out that has ever been released, and the list from best to worst in my opinion is

EFIlive,

hptuners,

tunercat,

ls1edit.

Efilive is way ahead of the competition. The software is Just amazing and so is the tuning software, It is very well layed out and very user friendly, and the cable that comes with it is awsome for data logging without the need of a laptop.

Free updates, Free 1, 2, and 3 bar programming.

Hp tuners keeps saying they are going to release the 2.0 version, but that has been 6 months ago, and it is just going to make it more like how efilive already is, Plus you have to spend alot more money for any enhancements...

Tunercat, Does the job, But, its not pretty on the eyes, and its hard to find the stuff your looking for, download speeds and write speeds arent the greatest, And possible pcm failures make it not a wise choice for what i do...

And on ls1edit, No comment..... We will just leave it at that. the cable hasent been touched in a year. And misteriously im not getting any more fried pcms?? :)

I'm also about to purchase some software; but don't really know what to do. As overhere in Belgium, nobody has any knowledge about this matter; it's going to be a trial and error procedure I guess.

What I can understand from de EfiLive site; is that it is vehicle locked. HP Tuners will give me the possibility to do all vehicles from same range and year. A friend of mine owns a 2004 Tahoe; and he is willing to pay 50% of the price to get the software. He just needs some minor changes.

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing HP Tuners. They have told me that they will send the new Version 2 for free when purchasing right now.

Just my 2 C.

Pascal

Archived