Try to trade the SSS

SSMANIAC

Well I have decided to post this bad experience with Royal Auto Group in Sayre PA. I stopped by this dealer were they had 2 left over 04 Gto with a sale tag of $25K and some change so I decided to take the 6spd for a spin, Well, loved the Car and proceded to ask the sales man for an apprasial. After taking more than 45min they came back and said that they had a good deal for me blah,blah blah, so when I read the appraisal they were only giving me $19K for my SSS I am about flipped on this guy so the business manager came out and said" Well it is an 03" With this discusting face God he pissed me off. Then procedded to tell me that they go in auctions for 19K. I told them that Kelly Blue book swowed 24K for trade in value and they were the biggest ripp off in the area. No Wonder they can't sell them. with trade in values from a auction WTF. Well I guess I get to keep my truck and save for the Goat at a later time. Just remember if you ever in Bradford county Sayre, PA looking for a good deal!! Stay away from Royal auto group and there useless staff. :mad:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well you have to be agressive. i went to trade in my 03 ss they only wanted to give me 21000 for it so i left went back afew weeks later this is what i did get a price that you want to pay for the gto and work your way backwords towords the price you want. i ended getting 26000 for my o3 with 20000 miles on it.my truck .i just kept buging them and got the deal i wanted good luck

That's a big rip. $19K for a 2003 SS is pure crap. Go back latter and see what they will do. I'm sure they will deal with you. it's a 2004 and they really want to move it. Just give it some time.

The dealers here say the same thing. If they can get a certain vehicle at the auction for whatever $ they arent going to willingly give you more than they can buy one for there. I think its bs but they all say it.

I guess Kelley blue book is useless now a days!! Anything to rip you off, Maybe we should skip buying cars from the dealers and buy them from auctions. Maybe then they will wake up and try to make good deals again. :flag:

You guys need to understand that if a dealer can buy a car at the auction for a certain price, in the best interest of running a profitable business, he will not usually give you more than that. It is whats called ACV (Actual Cash Value).

In the event that he cannot sell your vehicle you traded in, he will most likely take it to the auction to get his money out of it. Most dealers work on a 60 or 90 day turn.

This means that if the car is not sold in that amount of time, chances are it will not sell anytime soon.

The Kelly Blue book is only a guide and most dealers wil use current auction reports to value a vehicle.

As far as people getiing ridiculous amounts of money for their trade, some dealers will "overallow" on the trade just to show you what you want for it. The only thing that matters is the final number or bottom line difference.

If you are paying full sticker for a new vehicle, than you rightfully should get close to retail for your trade.

If you are getting the new vehicle at Invoice minus rebates, then you should expect to get low balled on the trade. This way the dealer can make some money on it because he did not make it on the new vehicle.

As far as buying direct from the auction, most are dealer only so that idea is out!!!

As for selling it and buying something after it is sold, keep in mind the aggravation factor and tax savings by trading it in.

In PA there is 6% sales tax. By trading a $25,000 vehicle, you will save $1500.00 in sales tax on the new vehicle essentially netting you $26,500.00. You would need to sell it for at least that amount to even break even with an offer of $25,000 on the trade.

I have been fortunate to have good connections with most of my dealer customers, so I can get pretty good deals on just about anything I want.

You guys need to understand that if a dealer can buy a car at the auction for a certain price, in the best interest of running a profitable business, he will not usually give you more than that. It is whats called ACV (Actual Cash Value).

In the event that he cannot sell your vehicle you traded in, he will most likely take it to the auction to get his money out of it. Most dealers work on a 60 or 90 day turn.

This means that if the car is not sold in that amount of time, chances are it will not sell anytime soon.

The Kelly Blue book is only a guide and most dealers wil use current auction reports to value a vehicle.

As far as people getiing ridiculous amounts of money for their trade, some dealers will "overallow" on the trade just to show you what you want for it. The only thing that matters is the final number or bottom line difference.

If you are paying full sticker for a new vehicle, than you rightfully should get close to retail for your trade.

If you are getting the new vehicle at Invoice minus rebates, then you should expect to get low balled on the trade. This way the dealer can make some money on it because he did not make it on the new vehicle.

As far as buying direct from the auction, most are dealer only so that idea is out!!!

As for selling it and buying something after it is sold, keep in mind the aggravation factor and tax savings by trading it in.

In PA there is 6% sales tax. By trading a $25,000 vehicle, you will save $1500.00 in sales tax on the new vehicle essentially netting you $26,500.00. You would need to sell it for at least that amount to even break even with an offer of $25,000 on the trade.

I have been fortunate to have good connections with most of my dealer customers, so I can get pretty good deals on just about anything I want.

Thanks for the clarification!! I guess I was expecting to get a good trade in value so I can get the Gto practically at invoice. But when they gave me such a bad trade number the car was going to come out at sticker price so I wasn't going to pay sticker for a car that had been in the lot for over a year with close to 600 miles in the odometer. I will keep an eye for them out there. maybe I should be looking at used ones instead. Who knows I love my truck and I will probably keep it, But the way that Gto moved made me want to do some numbers.

:seeya:

Thanks for the clarification!! I guess I was expecting to get a good trade in value so I can get the Gto practically at invoice. But when they gave me such a bad trade number the car was going to come out at sticker price so I wasn't going to pay sticker for a car that had been in the lot for over a year with close to 600 miles in the odometer. I will keep an eye for them out there. maybe I should be looking at used ones instead. Who knows I love my truck and I will probably keep it, But the way that Gto moved made me want to do some numbers.

:seeya:

Give it some time. If they want to move it they will deal with you. That's how I got my SS last year. I was upside-down on my leased 2001 Silverado LT and they wanted to move the new 2003 SS they had. It had been siting there for a long time( I had to drive buy it every day to work). I didn't treat my Silverado the best(dent in cab, tires had 70K on them and more lol), but they paid it off and gave me $4K to take off the SS. I got it for $37K and I was pretty happy about that because my lease truck was about to push over my milage and I would have lost my @ss if I just turned it in 2 more years. Other have gotten a lot better deals than mine, but I was happy with it. Good luck :cheers:

I was looing at a 2004 GTO a couple months ago and I could have bought it for $24,500 which included a $1200 painted functional Ram Air Hood I sold to them. It was Yellow with a 6 speed. I did not go as far as getting a trade number on my SS because the 05's with the LS2 were about to be released and I would not have been happy if I got the 04.

You should be able to get the 04 for well under invoice at this point regardless of a trade.

If they were low balling you on the trade and asking full list, then it was not a very good deal at all. You should be able to go in there and trade even up for an 04 GTO at this time in its lonely life on the showroom floor.

If you really want one, wait until the 30th of June and go in there 2 hours before closing time. I bet they will be willing to deal at that time.

well you have to be agressive. i went to trade in my 03 ss they only wanted to give me 21000 for it so i left went back afew weeks later this is what i did get a price that you want to pay for the gto and work your way backwords towords the price you want. i ended getting 26000 for my o3 with 20000 miles on it.my truck .i just kept buging them and got the deal i wanted good luck

You got $26,000 for your SS but what did you pay for the SRT?

Archived