SS vs SRT Quad cab

BOB47

First let me say that I'm not a street racer by any means. Can't afford the tickets. :D Anyway, last night coming down Michigan Ave. a guy in a red SRT Quad-cab caught up to me and yelled over "nice truck". I returned the compliment and he started revving his engine. I revved back and laughed. Figured it was late and nobody on the road so what the he!!. Light changed and we both jumped on it. The SS shot out way ahead of him, he smoked the crap out of his tires, so I kept my foot in it. Once he hooked up he started pulling on me pretty quick. I was hitting approx. 90mph in a 45 zone and he was almost alongside me. I shut down and let him go. Probably not a 1/4 mile total distance but I stayed ahead of him for a while.

We stopped at the next light and he was really cool. Ended up pulling over and checking out each others trucks. The Dodge looks pretty good up close and he was really impressed with the SS. Said he'd never even seen one before.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i can tell you i owend an 03 ss that was tricked to around 380 hp. i now owen an 05 srt10 qc and let me tell you theres no way if your truck is near stock you ever had a chance of comeing close to beating it. the ss power comes in at a lower rpm so it make sence u hung with him for a little bit but when you hit past 80 its all over i to loved my ss but the srt10 is just takeing it to the next level

well i can tell you i owend an 03 ss that was tricked to around 380 hp. i now owen an 05 srt10 qc and let me tell you theres no way if your truck is near stock you ever had a chance of comeing close to beating it. the ss power comes in at a lower rpm  so it make sence u hung with him for a little bit but when you hit past 80 its all over i to loved my ss but  the srt10 is just takeing it to the next level

I would have to disagree with you. :D The driver is the biggest part of any race and the SRT-10 smoked his tires. The jump BOB47 got was good enough to keep him in the lead until he let up. That's one thing about the SS I love(AWD). It gives even rookie racers(like me) an advantage over many RWD trucks. If the SRT-10 had AWD, it would make it impossible for a stock SS to have any chance. Good to see he was a nice guy. I took a close look at a SRT-10 tonight. :devil: Even the wife liked it. It was on the show room so you know it looked sweet. If they paid off my SS and gave me a good deal, I could see myself siting behind the wheel. It's a black SRT-10 LOADED!!. I would have to see the Red and Silver one before I could decide. Red might win out for me...wife's black car is hard to keep clean. :dunno:

The SRT-10 Quad Cab Ram is one cool looking mean truck. Much more practical than the single cab SRT-10 with 6-speed. Although with that much torque, I wonder if the SRT-10 QC spins the tires pulling a boat out of the water. I liked the factory alumimum tonneau cover.

Rick R

Premier--Guess you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying I'm faster than the SRT. In a fair 1/4 mile race he would smoke me, no question. In this case the guy smoked his tires for probably 2-3 seconds before he hooked up. I had probably 3-4 truck lengths on him before he even got traction. He still was up to my door when I hit 90 and he was still gaining.

What I was saying is that I was surprised that it was even that close. Figured he would crush me from the start. I have very little racing experience, apparently he has less. :D

I do like the SRT. Sharp looking, fast truck. :cool:

Premier--Guess you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying I'm faster than the SRT. In a fair 1/4 mile race he would smoke me, no question. In this case the guy smoked his tires for probably 2-3 seconds before he hooked up. I had probably 3-4 truck lengths on him before he even got traction. He still was up to my door when I hit 90 and he was still gaining.

What I was saying is that I was surprised that it was even that close. Figured he would crush me from the start. I have very little racing experience, apparently he has less. :D

I do like the SRT. Sharp looking, fast truck. :cool:

That's my point about AWD. People with little experience can get a great take-off in the SS. The AWD really helps rookies(like me) get off the line. If the SRT-10 had AWD a stock SS would never win any races(light to light, or 1/4 mile). The QC is an awsome looking truck. I checked one out last night......sweet. Sales guys wanted to put me in it, but we had to go look at some cars for the wife. I told her, you let me buy a new vette and I'll drive your car to work and you cn drive the vette I would even trade in my work car(95 Gran Prix SE) on the vette. She still wouldn't do it. Crazy women :crazy: lol.

I have been looking for one of those to race but havn't seen any around here.  What are they running at the track?

Mid to low 13's stock.

Good times for a stock truck. Do you think AWD would help any with 1/4 times? I know the SRT-10 only come in 2WD but could you imagine AWD with 500HP. What mods can you add to the SRT-10?

I have been looking for one of those to race but havn't seen any around here.  What are they running at the track?

Mid to low 13's stock.

Good times for a stock truck. Do you think AWD would help any with 1/4 times? I know the SRT-10 only come in 2WD but could you imagine AWD with 500HP. What mods can you add to the SRT-10?

AWD would slow it down, these trucks hook up very well. The mods are unlimited, from superchargers to just about anything you can think of.

Go here and check out all the fun:

SRT-10 Forum

That's cool, the srt-10 is a very powerful truck and yes stock for stock would kill an SS, but an SS with a supercharger would hand him his ass in a 1/4 mile race, I've already seen it done. You know an ATI procharger is a beautiful thing when you got that 500hp animal across from you!! So good kill anyway :thumbs:

Archived