SS vs SRT Quad cab

BOB47

That's cool, the srt-10 is a very powerful truck and yes stock for stock would kill an SS, but an SS with a supercharger would hand him his ass in a 1/4 mile race, I've already seen it done.  You know an ATI procharger is a beautiful thing when you got that 500hp animal across from you!!  So good kill anyway :thumbs:

Not true. Look at the times of the supercharged trucks on here, most are in the 13's. With a supercharger only you would not hand an SRT its ass.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been looking for one of those to race but havn't seen any around here.  What are they running at the track?

Mid to low 13's stock.

So you are saying that the heavier SRT-10 Quad Cab (about the same weight as an SSS) is running mid to low 13 second quarter mile times?

If that is the case, that is VERY impressive for a stock truck. I thought mid- to low 13s is what the Standard Cab SRT-10s were running. The Dodge website polls linked on here do not differentiate between the faster 6spd Standard Cab SRT-10 and the Quad Cab version.

Rick R

well mines an automatic and  it will hook up fine with out spinning the tires so dont know what you mean by spinning.like i said before 1/4 race and yuor toast.lite to lite dont mean jack line them up at the track then you will see.

:confused:

Not true. Look at the times of the supercharged trucks on here, most are in the 13's. With a supercharger only you would not hand an SRT its ass.

I think that's gonna change. Recent testing by Zippy, H2Racer and others indicates that the reason Radixed trucks with smaller pulleys aren't running in the 12's is inadequate fueling with the supplied injectors. With bigger injectors the i/c Magna powered trucks are going to be able to rev higher and run stronger.

I did'nt mean that a s/c would be the only mod, I mean how many SSS's out there only have a s/c, but I have seen an SS with an ATI Procharger and the usual mods beat an SRT-10 Q/C in the 1/4 maybe it was just that one driver was better, but I have seen it done!! :driving:

That's cool, the srt-10 is a very powerful truck and yes stock for stock would kill an SS, but an SS with a supercharger would hand him his ass in a 1/4 mile race, I've already seen it done.  You know an ATI procharger is a beautiful thing when you got that 500hp animal across from you!!  So good kill anyway :thumbs:

Oh yeah, I still like your truck!! (drooling) :thumbs:

I always considered the Standard Cab Dodge Ram SRT-10 to be totally impractical. 6-speed in a truck and limited seating???

However, if the Quad Cab SRT-10 had been out when I was looking for a fast full-size sport truck, I would be driving 1 now instead of the SSS. Compared with the SSS, here is my take;

SRT-10 QC Pros:

- looks meaner and more aerodynamic than SSS

- the V10 engine

- has 4 real doors instead of the SSS 2 rear suicide doors that you can't open in parking spaces

- the V10 engine

- has nice front spoiler

- the V10 engine

- has fog lamps

- the V10 engine

- has nice rear spoiler integrated onto aluminum tonneau cover

- the V10 engine

- sharp looking wheels

- did I mention the V10 engine

SRT-10 QC Cons:

- gas mileage sucks much more than SSS

- no AWD makes it riskier to drive on slippery surfaces. My wife would have wrecked it by now.

- factory stereo is not as good as SSS

- not quite as comfortable a cruiser as SSS

I always considered the Standard Cab Dodge Ram SRT-10 to be totally impractical.  6-speed in a truck and limited seating???

However, if the Quad Cab SRT-10 had been out when I was looking for a fast full-size sport truck, I would be driving 1 now instead of the SSS.  Compared with the SSS, here is my take;

SRT-10 QC Pros:

- looks meaner and more aerodynamic than SSS

- the V10 engine

- has 4 real doors instead of the SSS 2 rear suicide doors that you can't open in parking spaces

- the V10 engine

- has nice front spoiler

- the V10 engine

- has fog lamps

- the V10 engine

- has nice rear spoiler integrated onto aluminum tonneau cover

- the V10 engine

- sharp looking wheels

- did I mention the V10 engine

SRT-10 QC Cons:

- gas mileage sucks much more than SSS

- no AWD makes it riskier to drive on slippery surfaces.  My wife would have wrecked it by now.

- factory stereo is not as good as SSS

- not quite as comfortable a cruiser as SSS

I like your points, except - the stereo in the SRT blows away the SS's stereo and the ride of the SRT is quite nice.

Ohh yeah the V10 is nice! :D

Oh yeah, I still like your truck!! (drooling) :thumbs:

Thanks, I loved my SS and wanted to put a supercharger on it, but that would have voided the warranty. Then when my warranty was done I was having too many problems, I wish I could take the best of both the trucks and put them together to make the perfect performance truck!

I like your points, except - the stereo in the SRT blows away the SS's stereo and the ride of the SRT is quite nice.

Fair enough. They must have improved those deficiencies over the new 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with the Hemi engine that took for a test drive. In the 2004 QC that I drove, the stereo was no where near the sound quality of the SSS, the ride was buckboard rougher and the cabin was not as quiet (i.e. doors sound tinny when closed and overall road noise was higher). I also found these deficiencies in my Nephew's 2003 Ram QC without the Hemi. So I erroneously assumed that existed in the SRT-10 QC. I guess for over $50K, they decided to fix those problems in the SRT-10 QC.

Rick R

Fair enough. They must have improved those deficiencies over the new 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with the Hemi engine that took for a test drive. In the 2004 QC that I drove, the stereo was no where near the sound quality of the SSS, the ride was buckboard rougher and the cabin was not as quiet (i.e. doors sound tinny when closed and overall road noise was higher). I also found these deficiencies in my Nephew's 2003 Ram QC without the Hemi. So I erroneously assumed that existed in the SRT-10 QC. I guess for over $50K, they decided to fix those problems in the SRT-10 QC.

Rick R

The SRT has an Infinity sound system, and there is less road noise than the SS. (My driver side vent window on the SS never would close right).

The price tag is high, but I think it is worth it. Go look at SRT at the dealership and test drive one, you will find the exact opposite of what you desribed above.

Fair enough.  They must have improved those deficiencies over the new 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with the Hemi engine that took for a test drive.  In the 2004 QC that I drove, the stereo was no where near the sound quality of the SSS, the ride was buckboard rougher and the cabin was not as quiet (i.e. doors sound tinny when closed and overall road noise was higher).  I also found these deficiencies in my Nephew's 2003 Ram QC without the Hemi.  So I erroneously assumed that existed in the SRT-10 QC.  I guess for over $50K, they decided to fix those problems in the SRT-10 QC.

Rick R

We have a few newer Rams at my work, and I have several buddies with them, 2002 Rams until 2005s.

Never heard anything like what you describe whatsoever about the ride or the doors. Hit a dealership and see for yourself?

Never heard the stereo in an SS, so who knows, but the Ram's stereo sure seems good to me?

:jester: Does this mean that you have to change your Silverado SS website ID from GMFORLIFE to DODGETILLDEATH :jester:

Yeh you get a lot more then just the V10 with the SRT models. From the SRT up, they did actually to a lot more then jus performance to make them better then their base models. The normal Ram's stereos suck IMO, not too crisp, but adequate in comparison to most systems in trucks. The SRT-10 is a whole different system. It's very powerful and sounds superb compared to the normal ram's. I haven't heard much that is better stock then the SRT, but haven't heard a SSS. Thats kinda like comparing yours to the base avalanche I sat in the other day ;-).

Archived