Why GM should cater to the people

kaotik1

Dead link ... but if you were pointing to the press announcement of 25,000 domestic GM layoffs over the next three years I saw that too. Even a domestic plant closure/downsizing as well. They did not say 'layoffs', instead there would be a hiring freeze and as hourly employees retire or leave their positions would not be filled over the coming 2-3 years. I wonder what effect that will have on new model options/selections?

Mr. P. :)

These kinds of things are to be expected. When the 'boat' starts to sink you need to get rid of some dead weight to keep it afloat. GM is a MASSIVE company and its better they eliminate 25,000 over three years rather than loose everything and cost every single employee their jobs. Corporate big-business has its ups and downs... what matters is that GM is willing to adapt, cut down, and adjust to move forward... Ford is in the same position, but they haven't announced any plans to correct the downward trend.

BUY GM STOCK NOW!!! The rebound on this paper is going to buy me a nice vacation home on an island somewhere. :D

Funniest part of the layoffs is that GM just invested $3 billion in China...  Wonder where those 25000 jobs went?

CHINA

And we can all reap the benifits of improved quality from the parts made in China :eek: I don't think there is a word in Mandarin for "quality" :mad:

I am guessing here, but I wonder if the China developments are so they can produce a < $6K car for the Russian market; that is a market that is quickly developing and I know GM just acquired one if not two Russian car companies... :dunno:

Mr. P.

These kinds of things are to be expected. When the 'boat' starts to sink you need to get rid of some dead weight to keep it afloat. GM is a MASSIVE company and its better they eliminate 25,000 over three years rather than loose everything and cost every single employee their jobs. Corporate big-business has its ups and downs... what matters is that GM is willing to adapt, cut down, and adjust to move forward... Ford is in the same position, but they haven't announced any plans to correct the downward trend.

BUY GM STOCK NOW!!! The rebound on this paper is going to buy me a nice vacation home on an island somewhere.  :D

I wouldn't by stock just yet. I have seen price targets of $15/share by December. Right now rumor has it they might even benefit from bankruptcy filing!!! This is all opinion and specualtion from analysts, but I don't think that now is the time.

GM will be fine, just need time to recover. My wife said a GM guy told her that toyota has enough in reserve cash to buy GM if they wanted to!! :eek: It' won't happen though, but still a little scary. :wtf:

Could you see a "ricer" SSS with a big ass spoiler on the tailgate, or even worse..a Corvette Z06 with a huge ass spoiler on the rear, and one big ass tailpipe exiting the rear...nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::cry:

Archived