04 Amber delete

bgdsub72

I bought an extra set of headlights and park lamps at the swap meet to mess around with, so I took out the amber reflectors and painted them black. Here is the end result. Thanks for the idea Sickboy!

blackwood%20006.jpg

blackwood%20007.jpg

blackwood%20008.jpg

blackwood%20010.jpg

blackwood%20011.jpg

Before...

silv007.jpg

here are the night pictures, I masked the 3/8" spot so the amber would shine through a little bit, and I put one light coat of black over it so it would not be noticeable during the day. You can also see the HID's here

blackwood%20012.jpg

blackwood%20014.jpg

and the HID light (still kind of purple because it was warming up) and blury because of my POS camera taking crappy pictures at night with no flash...

blackwood%20016.jpg

They look great!!  :cool: so how hard was it to do??  There was a few questions in an other post today asking how to do that. :driving:

quite honestly they were a PITA. I did not use a hair dryer or oven, just sunny CA weather. Start by jamming a flat head in and loosening the silicone. Then pry deeper and deeper untill the lense is free. My word of advice for anyone who wants to attempt this is start at the corner of the lense away from the amber part. Then work your way in...

They look great!!  :cool: so how hard was it to do??  There was a few questions in an other post today asking how to do that. :driving:

quite honestly they were a PITA. I did not use a hair dryer or oven, just sunny CA weather. Start by jamming a flat head in and loosening the silicone. Then pry deeper and deeper untill the lense is free. My word of advice for anyone who wants to attempt this is start at the corner of the lense away from the amber part. Then work your way in...

I cooked mine in an oven at 200-degrees for 20-mins and it did not help at all... getting that rubber gasket cut apart and cleaned up is a biatch.

Mr. P. :)

Edit - and, after the oven the polycarb lenses now have a 'rainbow' in them, so I'm seriously thinking of getting a used pair of headlamps off eBay and doing it over, without the oven. I also have a butane-powered soldering iron, I think I will try using that as a hot-knife and that may do the trick.

I was wondering if you put a lift on your truck there and what size of tires are you running. Its a great looking truck and the lights look good!.

Bob

yes the truck is lifted about 6 inches plus I have GM green keys and a crank on the torsion bar for an additional 2-3" The total lift is somewhere around 8-9" and I have 35" x-terrains, but I am sure I can clear 37's with the new torsion keys.

that looks sick...ive been wanting to do this for soooo long but just been too damn lazy...a while ago when the new 03's had just came out one of my buddys just masked off the headlight (off the truck) and used a few coats of high-gloss black spray paint lol it actually looked really good so i might try that??? i dont know but it for sure looks good man...i like the truck a lot too i had x-terrains on my other silverado i LOVED those tires i liked um better than the BFG muds...

:cheers: shane

Archived