Basanni optimal length headers going on

To help with the heat issue, I'm installing a set of Bassanni 1 3/4 "optimal length" coated headers, plus boot shields.

I believe the optimal length means mids, but maybe shorties. At any rate, I expect a little boost from the headers but slightly reduced spool times. I am considering wrapping them to help with the spooling issues.

The headers won't be here until next week, so don't start asking for pictures or video :jester:

Bassani headers are typically mid-lengths. Good quality but shunned by the longtubes-only crowd. I would think they will work well on a FI setup. :)

I would probably go with some 1 3/4" shorties myself if anyone ever makes them. :confused:

• 1 year later...
I'm avoiding the LTs -- too much heat loss for keeping the turbo a state and a half behind you (that one's just for Zip  :D )

:D

You were previously running manifolds, correct?

The collectors are... hehe dunno. They come with a ball style connector that gets welded to the stock pipes. I can measure the collectors later.

Yep Zip before these I was running stock manifolds. Keep in mind this thread is a year old ;) I put on the headers after setting shit on fire on the dyno run lol.

Scott, not sure what you mean? Headers were installed and then 2 weeks later I got hit by the road rager... This mod seemed to DECREASE lag with a 408 (not sure how that happened lol).

The collectors are...  hehe dunno.  They come with a ball style connector that gets welded to the stock pipes.  I can measure the collectors later.

Is that part of the installation, or just what you did to ensure no leaks. ;)

I see that they are CARB legal and look to be a bit better than your standard shorties... Seriously considering them.

The collectors are...  hehe dunno.  They come with a ball style connector that gets welded to the stock pipes.  I can measure the collectors later.

I see that they are CARB legal and look to be a bit better than your standard shorties... Seriously considering them.

AIR they came with the headers, although I was in crunch time at EA at the time and had VHP do the install.

AIR they came with the headers, although I was in crunch time at EA at the time and had VHP do the install.

Did you get the Silverado SS specific headers, the 53150SS model? Or were they not around a year ago?

http://www.bassani.com/display_part.php?part=53150SS

Thanks

Justin

I contacted Bassani regarding these things and it looks like they'll be the headers I am going with. :D

Since TOG closed up shop, I think that makes these the only CA Smog Legal Mid-lengths for the SS right now. I was sent a copy of the installation instructions and it really doesn't look like they'll be tough to install.

The question is, ceramic coated or not? The only other headers I have owned were gibson shorties on my s/c'd 95 Sierra, and I had them with the chrome finish. When I sold the truck 4 years later, they didn't have any rust whatsoever.

Archived