Why you should never valet

Wicked_SS

This is a harsh..and expensive...lesson to learn.......

2260.jpg

86c6.jpg

4ab8.jpg

On Saturday in Vegas I noticed some weird noises, and on the way back I noticed some vibration at about 70. So I took it to Chevy today and this is what they found. :banghead::tear:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks dude! You think someone took it for a joyride? Are those scratches in the door too? I'd try to get reimbursed but they'd probably say it was like that. I'd look for the valet guy if anything else! What's the damage from the dealer?

You definately have the shitiest luck of all the members here! :dunno:

I would definately be giving someone in Vegas a mouthfull and getting reimbursed for that!

On a side note, HOW THE HELL DIDN'T YOU SEE THAT BEFORE YOU LEFT (scratches on the door)???

Also, I NEVER VALET MY TRUCK!!!!! If I can't find a spot where it will be safe and away from other cars, I'll leave!!!!

Late- Alex

That was done in Vegas? Where at? If it was where we stayed, let me know so I can get a hold of my contact and talk to a manager. That is something that should never happen.

I am beginning to think you have the worst luck..... :)

Andrea :D

According to the mechanic it was done by someone running over something at a pretty high rate of speed. I asked if I couldn't have done it by hitting something on the freeway and he said it was pretty impossible, that if I had there would have been other marks up underneath my truck and there are none. He said he's seen marks like that before from when someone runs over a curb, and that it would take a pretty heavy hit to dent something that thick. I actually touched it when it was still on the lift and it's a gash, the metal is peeled back in one place but it doesn't go all the way through. I would say it happened before, but I took my truck in for an oil change and to have them check out another noise (turned out to be something about my differential fluid) and he checked for this then, and that was just a few days before we left. And as fast as I drive and as nitpicky as I can be, I would have heard the noises and felt the vibrations on the way there.

And as for the scratches, the truck was dirty, they aren't that deep and well, I was hung over and not looking for that stuff. The pic makes them look worse than they are, when you look at the side of my truck the paint just looks dull. It also does't help when the valet opens the door for you and you don't SEE that part of your door, lol.

And yes, I DO have the worst luck....I wasn't meant to have this truck obviously so I'm beginning to think it's seriously time for a change. :tear:

Holy Crap Wicked!!! That's a bunch of crap!!! I can't beleive the hilton valet's would do that!!! I'm soo sorry that happened..... I saw your truck sittin in the lot til saturday afternoon that's just crazy.... I wonder if there's anything you can do about that?

I see that crap all the time. I am always drafting lawsuits against valet businesses. They are always screwing up vehicles.

Sorry to hear about your luck. Hope you get everything straight!

That is some major BS. At our company X-mas party this past year, a couple from work followed me in their '05 Mustang (I was in my Honda). We pull up to the hotel and they said they were going to use valet. I tried to discourage them from it, and lone and behold the valets scratched the rims up on a yellow curb. I will never valet my SS. Would rather walk miles before I let someone park it.

DAMN! That sucks wicked...

I valet'd my truck almost everytime I got back to the hotel... but I think I got better treatment b/c I got a compliment on the truck every time I pulled up like "dude... you own my dream truck!" or "man... that thing is badass!"

Also didn't hurt that I'd slip the guys a $20 everytime they said something nice about my truck... they actually would let me cut in the valet line by the 2nd day. :D

I would DEFINITELY lodge a complaint w/ the hotel and get some compensation for the damage.

I would hunt down the valet dude and bitch him out and slapp him around a bit till he co;nfessed are you sure it was valet

That's what I'm talking about, she can't really pin point who did it. That's why I don't let anyone drive my truck EVER!!!!!!! Even the wife doesn't want to drive it because she is scared something will happen to it while it's in her posession and she knows how much my truck means to me. If something were to happen to it while it was in her hands, she knows she would feel the WRATH!!!!!!! :mad:

Late- Alex

Archived