Dodge hemmoroid owners with catbacks

JimJenson

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why dont you take chevys 5.3 and put it up agaist the hemi. im shure you would lose that race.look at the price difference 13000 come on even a rumble bee is around 30 000 still cheeper than the ss.wait till yuor trans starts to go wait and you will see . they put chevys flag ship truck agaist dodges base line and still almost lose .chevy been last in the hp wars for a long while now and everyone knows it. they still have the vette but what can you do with that car cant put yuor kids in it . i liked my ss but the truck has a few problems. going to 2 wheel drive was the best thing they did .the trans will last longer now in shure.when it comes down to it peaple are going to think there stuff is the best thats the way its always been and always will be.they dont even compair the ss to the lighting or the srt 10 becase its so far behind. the only thing they can compare it to is dodges base truck. untill chevy steps it up yuo better get used to seeing a lot of dodges and fords on the road and blowing by you .

why dont you take chevys 5.3 and put it up agaist the hemi. im shure you would lose that race.look at the price difference 13000 come on even a rumble bee is around 30 000 still cheeper than the ss.wait till yuor trans starts to go wait and you will see  . they  put chevys flag ship truck agaist dodges base line and still almost  lose  .chevy been last in the hp wars  for a long while now and everyone knows it. they still have the vette but what can you do with that car cant put yuor kids in it . i liked my ss but the truck has a few problems. going to 2 wheel drive was the best thing they did .the trans will last longer now in shure.when it comes down to it peaple are going to think there stuff is the best thats the way its always been and always will be.they dont even compair the ss to the lighting or the srt 10 becase its so far behind. the only thing they can compare it to is dodges base truck. untill chevy steps it up yuo better get used to seeing a lot of dodges and fords  on the road and blowing by you .

Look, its not me wanting to race. I could care less. I mind my own business when tooling through traffic. I think it is a charactor flaw in the typical Dodge truck owner. I was wondering why butthole dodge truck owners think that a few extra decibals of exhaust noise suddonly make them hot stuff? The toyota and ford owners are not this way.

They believe the HEMI commercials  :crazy:

here's a reference about overrated HEMI horsepower

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup/112...rux/index5.html

Wow!

That's not a very favourable comparison to post in THIS forum...?

We have two trucks that run within 15 hundredths of each other and basically the same mph. Both rated at 345 horsepower.

The Dodge has less cubic inches, NO awd for a better launch, and it costs over $17,000 less as "base price" and over $12,000 less "as tested"...

The Silverado ran a 14.99 @ 89.05 mph, and the Dodge ran a 15.11 @ 89.06 mph.

I'm not much into new truck's performance #s, but judging from what I read HERE, which is where I usually go as far as NEW truck performance #s and stories, I sure thought the SSS was alot faster comparitively than the new Ram?

How many "I compleeeetely killed Hemi" stories are posted here? I thought the Rams were slower? For the money, they look pretty impressive...?

edit- just read the article completely, I can't find anywhere that it states anything whatsoever about the Hemi being "over-rated"...? It seems the Hemi is an awesome "bang for the buck" truck, which the article states itself....?

Chevrolet Silverado SS   

WHAT'S HOT

· Big-bore acceleration

· Spectacular brakes

· Square-jawed profile

WHAT'S NOT

· Parts-bin cabin

· Unpolished suspension

· Exorbitant sticker

DON'T MISS

· Binders that can outbrake a BMW 540i

BOTTOM LINE

· Plenty of go, but too much dough

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi   

WHAT'S HOT

· Prodigious Hemi power

· Impeccable tailoring

· Graceful moves

WHAT'S NOT

· Lengthy stops

· No back seat (Regular cab)

· Wheels too damn shiny?

DON'T MISS

· Effortless, adolescent smoky burnouts

BOTTOM LINE

· The very definition of "bang for the truck"

Actually that comparison pitted the SS against a Dodge sbsc with the Hemi engine, hardly their base model truck, and really if you want to be technical should'nt the Dodge have had the advantage due to the fact that it was a sbsc p/u less that heavy ass awd system that the SS has. Now given that, they pitted a 345HP truck against a 345HP truck, why does everyone keep harping on the race between a 345HP truck, and Dodge's "Top-of the line" 500 HP truck(SRT-10). We all know that the SRT-10 would win that race, unless of course it was conducted in the rain or the snow(LOL)!! BTW I may be wrong, but would'nt dodge's base model truck have the 4.7 litre magnum under the hood?? So everybody should just get along, and forget about it, trust me I know that around this forum everyone has strong opinions about what they drive, but in my experience it is true, most Hemi owners feel like that truck is king of the road when it ain't ( test proves it!!) Now if Dodge decides to pull the Hemi line, and just make all of their trucks SRT models, then you guys could really have that title. Just my 2-cents!! :D

Now if Dodge decides to pull the Hemi line, and just make all of their trucks SRT models, then you guys could really have that title. Just my 2-cents!! :D

The SSS isn't the "base" Chevy truck though?

The Hemi truck is sure faster than I thought it was after reading that article? It states numerous times in the article the two trucks, the SSS and the Hemi, are "nearly identical" in acceleration tests....?

Racing a regular cab against a clubcab isn't right though, not IMO...? Maybe that is some of the weight difference between the two trucks?

I guess I should have expanded on my post

SS: 5300 lb

Dodge: 4800 lb

-------------------

Dodge - 500 lb

Now for a motor comparison lets go apples to apples (autoweb curb weights)

Silverado SS 5192 lbs

Quad Cab 4x4 5290 lbs

------------------------------

Dodge + 98 lbs

There is no way that "345 hp" HEMI is going to beat the SS with an additional 598 lbs added to the truck in the original article

I guess I should have expanded on my post

SS:        5300 lb

Dodge:  4800 lb

-------------------

Dodge -  500 lb

Now for a motor comparison lets go apples to apples (autoweb curb weights)

Silverado SS      5192 lbs

Quad Cab 4x4    5290 lbs

------------------------------

Dodge +                98 lbs

There is no way that "345 hp" HEMI is going to beat the SS with an additional 598 lbs added to the truck in the original article

That's not what your original post was about though? It said the link was to an article about the Hemi's "over-rated" horsepower, and the article never said anything like that?

Testing an AWD truck against a 2wd truck is a no-brainer who is gonna launch harder, and testing a clubcab against a regular cab is a no-brainer who gets the weight advantage?

Testing an awd truck against a 2wd truck is an "apples to oranges" comparison in a drag race at launch.

Why do magazines bother testing vehicles that aren't alike?

for the comment on the 5.3 against the hemi, i'd gladly take that challenge. a 5.3 rcsb 2wd truck with an average driver can run a 15.0 and there have been a few to run 14.8's stock. the 5.3 is obviously a better match for the hemi than the 6.0L. in a large batch of tests they put the SS against a rcsb2wd hemi truck and it depended on the magazine test as to who won. that sure says alot about 345hp. does a guy with an extended cab dodge 2wd want to play with a stock VHO, i doubt that. they can have their little rear doors open however they want them, it's just an extended cab. as for who gets the better launch, do you really think there is a traction problem with the stock hemi running a 275/60R20? come on, we aren't racing them on dirt here.

That's not what your original post was about though? It said the link was to an article about the Hemi's "over-rated" horsepower, and the article never said anything like that?

Sure it does, in the numbers, not the commentary.

Two trucks with 345 hp and one with a big weight advantage but both put out similar times.

Testing an AWD truck against a 2wd truck is a no-brainer who is gonna launch harder, and testing a clubcab against a regular cab is a no-brainer who gets the weight advantage?

Testing an awd truck against a 2wd truck is an "apples to oranges" comparison in a drag race at launch.

Why do magazines bother testing vehicles that aren't alike?

The magzine people thought they were alike because both vehicles had similar 1/4-mile performance; this was a very narrow-minded comparison IMO. Put 500-lbs in the back of the Dodge and publish *those* figures for a truer performance comparison. :chevy: I think that if the hemi were manufactured with the same displacement it would be a much closer outcome, the whole 'power under the curve' argument.

Mr. P. :)

Archived