Dodge hemmoroid owners with catbacks

JimJenson

you can pick apart what i've posted as you wish like a lawyer. quote with half the info, etc. i can reply to all.

QUOTE(zippy @ Jun 12 2005, 01:42 PM)

2wd hemi trucks launch like 4wd's, yes.

The Hemi trucks have an ECU that takes the bottom end grunt out.

I thought you related the stock performance of the Hemi to the SS as which launches faster based on the SS having awd? If traction isn't an issue with either, how does the awd help the SS?

the white stuff in my sig pic is tire smoke.

What kind of dirt were you on?

Not on dirt. Burnouts like that have nothing to do with racing someone, simply having fun. Back to the question of the Hemi having a disadvantage to the SS on the launch. It may be an advantage to have the awd on the dirt, but that's about it.

a completely stock VHO doesn't have a traction problem. it will break the tires loose, but not nearly enough to be a traction problem.

So it *should* be a much better match to a Hemi Ram, shouldn't it? How big is the engine in a stock VHO?

364 cubes and 6.0L. Size was never in question here in the discussion. Both are rated at the same HP and almost identical torque. Chrysler's HP ratings are what was at question.

as for the syclone's and typhoons, those were only quick on a boosted launch and because of the awd.

I'm guessing the added traction of all wheel drive only works in CERTAIN arguments with you?

Well, the syclone's had the ability to pull down a 1.8 60' time in stock form. It takes more than awd to do this, power has to be involved. On the best slicks known to man a stock Hemi isn't going to pull that off. (except maybe a 4wd one launching in 4low). Here again, traction isn't the issue with the Hemi. How about i get one of my buddies to take out the front prop shaft in his Syclone and race a stock Hemi.

lets see what 60' times your quickest stock hemi truck puts down with stock tire height slicks. i'd be guessing it's no where near that of a syclone.

I'm very willing to make the same bet!

Your point isss....????

My point is until the Hemi makes enough power to need awd, it's not worth comparing the two.

you can't compare a truck that runs 13's without breaking a sweat to a truck that will break into the 14's if you're lucky.

I never compared a Dodge Ram SRT10 to a Silverado SS?

*badda-bing-bang!*

505 cubes and runs 13's stock. Well tickle my fancy.

do i need to take one of our winged warrior hemi trucks from the lot and line it up with our VHO on video?

Will YOU be driving?

Not the Dodge.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite frankly, I could give two craps about which is faster, which costs more, or who;s truck is better. I started this thread because the state of mind of those dodge owners is of concern. What is it about a dodge truck which makes its owners think they are badass? Or for that matter, who cares who they are? I sure dont.

I bought the SS cause I liked it, not to street race some lame ass, self inflating Dodge owner with a set of glasspacks who needs to prove something. Who the fuk do they think they are, to think I'd waste my time, tires, gas and risk tickets so they can try to proove they are real men? Damn, Dodge needs to sell some self esteem with each hemmoriod truck.

You guys are funny, you get your panties all in a bunch over "Dodge guys" and THEIR attitudes...?

You guys are driving 14 and 15 second trucks. Not Pro Stockers...?

Like JimJenson says...?

WHO CARES?!?!

There is ALWAYS somebody faster...?

:confused:

The Xtreme forum was full of guys who could beat R/T Dakotas, stock for stock, for the first few months. It took awhile, but the majority of them came to their senses.

Lots of posting buddies I made at that board, lots of real life people met.

Ozrein, who posted here, moved from an Xtreme to a Syclone. I bet he thinks the AWD is an advantage for launching..?

:lol:

This SSS forum is no different than any other forum dedicated to one certain vehicle, every group thinks their vehicles are better than the "next guy's" vehicle, for one reason or another.

It's just the internet hogwash in action.

Lots of great guys here in real life I bet. Once the ego thing of internet boards is gone, the fun stuff starts. It's not which BRAND has the best this or the best that, it should be everybody trying to get "faster", or "better handling", or....

whatever they are into.

Funny to watch who dishes out what, and who can take it.

I don't sit around with my diehard Chevy buddies in real life, arguing about brand related issues...?

Unless we are all laughing, and making jokes....?

I can't help but see some here have the same "attitude" as those this post was meant about...?

;)

It's not just Dodge owners who need to.... :chillpill:

:lol:

well said mopar. i had an ss and thought itwas the bomb but then i bought srt10 now thats the bomb to each his owen everyone thinks there truck is the best like i said it will always be. alitte infor for ya getting a new ecm from dc performance . going to gain 85 to 100 hp and 125 ft pounds of tork the quad cab gains are alot should be close to 600 hp . i will keep you posted :thumbs:

i'm guessing if the extreme had awd it wouldn't have been any quicker...

as for dodge guys trying to race you, that's a natural. around here it's all makes and models. if you have something and you want to try the guy next to you, go for it. that's how it goes. if you're not into racing the guy next to you just wave no and they'll leave you alone. they arne't being a dick, they are just out for fun. some people do that with their trucks....

i keep forgetting that they left off the E. it made the truck more cool.  :lol:

Lighter too!!!!

:eek:

lol, yeah. don't need to drag that extra "E" up and down the dragstrip. :jester:

as for dodge guys trying to race you, that's a natural. around here it's all makes and models.

I have never been challenged by a Ford, nisson, toyota, or another Chevrolet. Only Dodge owners, which I truely think have an Inferiority Complex. As I said earlier, I could care less about street drags, but I wonder about the makeup of an awfully lot of the Dodge truck owners. What is it about these puds that gives them the impression that they need to proove something? Could it be that when they put on the high decibal mufflers, that the noise eats away at their gray matter? Not all of them are this way, it seems isolated the retards with catbacks and the cheezy bumbling bee decals.

Anyhow, enough on this subject. Time to move along.

as for dodge guys trying to race you, that's a natural. around here it's all makes and models.

I have never been challenged by a Ford, nisson, toyota, or another Chevrolet. Only Dodge owners, which I truely think have an Inferiority Complex. As I said earlier, I could care less about street drags, but I wonder about the makeup of an awfully lot of the Dodge truck owners. What is it about these puds that gives them the impression that they need to proove something? Could it be that when they put on the high decibal mufflers, that the noise eats away at their gray matter? Not all of them are this way, it seems isolated the retards with catbacks and the cheezy bumbling bee decals.

You haven't been driving much. I've been raced by almost every brand, from a Daewoo to a Lamborghini. Each brand has their dicks that think that their vehicle is the toughest, baddest, fastest etc. If you scroll through the street section you will see the flame wars between the SS crowd and the Titan crowd, the svt crowd, harley crowd, even the very odd war with the Volkswagen crowd. Many chevy/gmc 1/2 ton, 3/4 tons even 1 tons have tried to race. If you don't want to race, just lay off the gas and let them find someone who is willing.

Wanna race?..........................Oh sorry! :jester:

Not ALL Dodge owners are like that. People see the SS on anything and they want to race it, I had all kinds try me when I had the SS and still now.

Archived