Mike Tyson

MN C5

He quit at the start of the 7th round after intentionally head-butting his opponent in the 6th. It's really too bad his mind is so scrambled. I was in high school during his undefeated reign. In my opinion, he was the most exciting and explosive heavyweight to watch fight. I remember my whole family would sit around the T.V. and we'd all be nervous for the guy he was fighting just hoping Mike didn't kill him in the first round. However, at the same time we couldn't wait to see just how savage the knock out punch would be. Even my mom loved it. It was great. I just wish he wasn't so screwed up. It's a shame all that talent was wasted. I really thought he would be the greatest of all time when he was undefeated.

Yeah that was pretty pathetic...watching Laila Ali beat the sh*t out of that big white girl was more amusing than watcing Tyson fight. I just felt bad for the guy, he got in a few good hits and that was it. Then when it was over he mentioned something about paying his bills and not having the heart for it anymore. I'm glad Hooters shows fights for free... :nonod:

That's really sad I was hoping that he would put a good fight this time, guess I thought that maybe he was ready to try and be a "fighter" again!! It's just so sad to see such a phenom just self-destruct the way that he has......thanks alot Mr. King!!!! :tear:

when i was a teen iron mike was the sh@@@@@t . he was the best the worst thing that happenend to him was his wife robin givens she started it all off messing his head up. then the problems with don king didnt help ppooor guy, i remember renting his fights for a 2minute round tko . i miss the old iron mike. would be nice to have him back but i guess not thats my 2$ worth steve :banghead::banghead:

When we heard Tyson fought, we would just ASSUME he won.

I remember the Buster Douglas fight, we thought the first reports of Tyson losing must be wrong for sure.

I remember the Will Smith tune, "I think I can beat Mike Tyson"....

Wonder if THAT fight will be a money maker down the road..... :lol:

It's pretty simple he was never any good to begin with.He had a good knock out punch and that is the only skill tyson ever had, his carear is pretty much smoke and mirrors.All the fights he won were against garbage fighters or guys past there prime and easy targets.Anytime he was matched with a skilled fighter he lost and either out punched himself or resorted to getting dq by doing something stupid.

I was fooled thru most of his carear too untill you look back at the fighters he beat and the fighters he lost to, it is pretty obvious.Sat fight was rediculas and now he cant even beat 6th rate fighters, i really hope that don king stops trying to make a buck on this guy because it really shows just how desperate the sport of boxing is with them putting this guy on the fight card.

Iron Mike had a troubled youth that Gus D'Amato channeled into a championship career. I think you can thank Don King for how f...ed up Tyson became later.

Once he really quits boxing he will probably be broke and behind bars in a year or two. He's a pretty sad example of a human being any more...

Archived