Need Help Please

stexx

:banghead: ok i have had a bad altanator problem it wasnt charging so i got a new one still no charge now i got another new one and a battery still not charging but its only at idle a couple of guys said there is a wire going from the altanator to the pcm that would cause this problem however i checked that and it looks to be good i have checked every wire fuse ground everything and still this problem i was also told that my pcm could be going bad what do you all think help me out please im stumped

I havent finished doing my checks to back it up, but Im thinking that yours and AspenTaylor's problems might be the same thing...and I would be having the dealer check pcm and bcm...Something seems randomly to effect the charge rate. At times my gauge reads 14.2, and others it reads close to 12. I usually run with the air on all the time, and it does it whether e-fans and headlights are on or off.

Once I get a look at a factory wiring diagram, I would have a better idea of what the problem relates to...

:banghead: ok i have had a bad altanator problem it wasnt charging so i got a new one still no charge now i got another new one and a battery still not charging but its only at idle a couple of guys said there is a wire going from the altanator to the pcm that would cause this problem however i checked that and it looks to be good i have checked every wire fuse ground everything and still this problem i was also told that my pcm could be going bad what do you all think help me out please im stumped

I don't have an SSS so I don't know what kind of an alternator you run, so I have a few "dummy" questions....

Is it a one wire alternator? Is it a "self exciting" alternator that you bought to replace the defective one? It sounds by your description that it doesn't charge AT IDLE. Does it charge when the revs come up?

Did you check the wire to the PCM you talk about with an ohm meter for continuity, or did you do a "visual" check, or...?

Archived