Looking for a better ride?

orion :: SS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snubbers are retained by 4 tabs that look like they were punched into the metal ring. Just pull on one side to wiggle it out....to install the new one get 3 edges under the tabs, then use something to press the other side in. I used an extension for a ratchet.

DSC01525.JPG

I did my rears this weekend (removed the bracket and mounted the bumpstop to the frame) and WOW, I mean a real difference around town and even smoother on the highway. Time to cut the fronts down, cause I think the truck is sitting on them most of the time... great free mod :D

How are those front bumpstops attached?

I'm just curious if it's possible to cut the big end instead of the small end.  The difference in size of the rings on the other end looks like they might be progressive.

I am planning on buying 2 more C3 type front bump stops and cutting off the first big ring. There is an out coating to the rubber. That way the exposed end is in the cup...not rubbing on the lower control arm.

here's what happens once the exterior coating gets damaged...the inside deteriorates.

DSC01430.JPG

I don't think I'm going to mess with the front one's just yet, I'll look into ordering some poly-graphite injected one's.....may provide a better ride, and the graphite will keep it from squeaking...

did all 4 on mine, much better ride, cornering seems to be better/smoother..

but i will buy an extra set for the front,, when i bring the truck back to the dealer to check out some front diff noise,, don't want to hear, the front diff got damaged because u cut the bumpstops,, so we can't do shit for u..

• 2 months later...
did all 4 on mine,  much better ride, cornering seems to be better/smoother..

but i will buy an extra set for the front,, when i bring the truck back to the dealer to check out some front diff noise,, don't want to hear,  the front diff got damaged because u cut the bumpstops,, so we can't do shit for u..

exaaaaactly.

The stealer loves to blame BS on mods like this.

GM over-engineers parts for lots of reasons.

Too bad they under-engineer just as much it seems.

I am gonna do all 4 this weekend and buy a 2nd front set for warranty claim visits.

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived