Looking for a better ride?

orion :: SS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cut my rear bump stops like the first picture, i dint even take them off i just went under and cut em took 5 min total, going to have to see how it rides tomorrow, im ging to drive it harder and what not to test it then i will post how it worked out for me. later :)

can anyone reupload the pix again? I wanna try this mod...  :banghead:  :D

not sure if you meant mine or not but my links were broke. I fixed them.

Oh...and on the rear I'd recommend removing the extension brackets over cutting the snubber. You'll be able to put it back to stock if you like... but more importantly you'll knock a couple of pounds off your truck by taking them off.

might wanna be careful if you happen to run over something big... :chevy:

like this....

SUC50169Small.jpg

I found out the hard way what the bumperstop drop down brackets do....

luckly no major damage just minor cosmetic...

you may end up doing this...

post-6406-1138004191_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
might wanna be careful if you happen to run over something big... Chevy_anim.gif

like this....

I found out the hard way what the bumperstop drop down brackets do....

luckly no major damage just minor cosmetic...

you may end up doing this...

Greetings. Just picked up my (new to me) 2003 SSS last night. I'll save my intro and details for the proper forum / thread, so...

What even happened to this mod? Did others continue to run without the bracket? (or with cut bump stops?) Were there any other negatives associated with this mod. Sure makes sense to me as long as the new 'limits' don't negatively inpact driveline, etc. Was this really a design oversight keeping the same bumpstop as normal 1500's?

Kind Regards,

Jared

Greetings. Just picked up my (new to me) 2003 SSS last night. I'll save my intro and details for the proper forum / thread, so...

What even happened to this mod? Did others continue to run without the bracket? (or with cut bump stops?) Were there any other negatives associated with this mod. Sure makes sense to me as long as the new 'limits' don't negatively inpact driveline, etc. Was this really a design oversight keeping the same bumpstop as normal 1500's?

Kind Regards,

Jared

Yup this is standard practice when lowering the truck. And welcome to the forum :cheers:

Mr. P. :)

• 4 months later...

I'd like to ressurect this thread -----. So what is the general consensus? Trim both the front and back rubber bumpers or just the back?

I have an 04 SS that has a bit of the buckboard feel. I see where the back axle bumpers are sort of close to the axle (inch or less), but the front rubber bumpers appear basically right on the metal. My truck is quite bouncy. I never even considered that the lowering effect for the SS put the suspension members closer to the interference points than stock.

So what does everyone do to remedy this? I love the truck but quite honestly, my old rusty 92 was not this bouncy.

• 2 weeks later...

Since someone else brought it up, I'll tag on. I notice mine gets really bouncy around 45 mph. Is this the sort of bouncing everyone is talking about? I even took it in and had the tires balanced just in case. This didn't make for much improvement. I was worried about a drum being out of balance or something wierd like that. Y'all are great here. I've had the truck two months now and everytime I log in, there's something new to learn.

73's

Radioshop

Archived