Tranny Question

:smash: I've noticed sometimes when i take off from a traffic light the truck seems like it starts in 2nd gear instead of 1st. Its happened like 5 times and I don't really beat on my truck and I don't have any performance mods so I can't see how it could be messed up yet. Also If you put the gear selector in 2nd it feels like it starts in 2nd not 1st. I tried this several times and it doesn't like to go if you start in 2nd. Shouldn't the tranny start in 1st and then shift to 2nd or is it me. This is my 1st automatic i've owned in like 8 years and I've never seen anything like this before. :smash:

:smash: I've noticed sometimes when i take off from a traffic light the truck seems like it starts in 2nd gear instead of 1st. Its happened like 5 times and I don't really beat on my truck and I don't have any performance mods so I can't see how it could be messed up yet. Also If you put the gear selector in 2nd it feels like it starts in 2nd not 1st. I tried this several times and it doesn't like to go if you start in 2nd. Shouldn't the tranny start in 1st and then shift to 2nd or is it me. This is my 1st automatic i've owned in like 8 years and I've never seen anything like this before. :smash:

Mine does the same thing on occasion. Going to see Zippy this weekend to see what it might be.

I had this random problem on my 99 Sliverado. It never happen two times in a row. But it sure felt strange when it did goof up. Just have the fluid serviced and see if that helps.

CD

Archived