Squeeking Baer Brakes

dounome

My brakes are doing the squeeking thing when I try to come to a slow smooth stop and its driving me up the wall. I put on the Eradispeed set up 5 months ago and had now problems, then.......... I replaced the pads with the "whatever pads" from Autozone just cause and still had no problems. Well then my driver side halfshaft started to spit grease all over the brakes, so I replaced that and cleaned the entire area with simple green.....now they squeek like a old Ford Tempo :mad: Where did I go wrong guys and what can I do to fix this most annoying problem?

I think it might be your pads. i had the same problem when i put the hawk pads on my bear brakes, it took about a mouth for them to start doing it. but after i put my factory pads back on i have had zero squeeking.

Take your pads off and sand them down a little bit with coarse sand paper it should do it, if you don't want to replace with new better ones. Just my to cents

:withstupid: but if you got grease on the rotors/pads I would get new pads the grease will ruin the pads and get some heavy duty degreaser and brake clean. Be sure there is no grease or even residue left in the veins of the rotor/s clean with degreaser then clean after they are dry with brake clean acetone will work good as well! You might also want to scuff the rotor a bit to rough it up as the grease being a lubricant is going to kinda polish the rotor with the pad and cause squeeking because you now have an extreamly smooth surface.

I've just ordered the Alumasport package and am wondering what the part number is for the Hawk pads you ordered? I currently have HPS with the stock setup and have been squeaking for 3 months at EVERY braking.

I'm assuming your using HP's which may be my issue?

Archived