22's, what size tire?

I'm using a 285/45/22 Toyo and I love them. About .2" taller than stock, and .5" taller than the very popular 305/40. I really like the extra sidewall for curb protection. I think 305/40s look a little short and wide, but that's just my opinion.

I think a 305/45 is going to be a little too tall.

Thats kinda what I was thinking too. I've been looking on a few different tire websites, and most reccomend 305/40/22.

By the way, you truck looks awsome with those wheels. I was thinking about going with the DAAT DA67 w/black centers.

Thats kinda what I was thinking too.  I've been looking on a few different tire websites, and most reccomend 305/40/22...

It's wierd that everyone seems to recommend the 305/40...I know you'll have a lot more tire choices in that size. I am surprised that those with 305/40s don't have more rubbing problems. My 285/45s rub slightly on the inner fender, before I even get to full-lock. But that's probably because they are taller than stock, rather than the 305/40s, which are shorter, but wider.

what rims are you running chevy ss and 8.1 ?

American Racing Phantoms.

:eek: Any problems with pot holes and such? I couldn't imagine going lower than a 40 series tire unless I was bagged.

Late- Alex

The ride is not that bad with the 305/35/23. I haven't had trouble with the tires, I actually found the ride not too much different from the 22s. I plan on lowering and want to make sure there is no rubbing, so I went with the 35 series, but I have to be very very careful around curbs.

Archived