People who added subs to bose system

*** SUCCESS***

I got it working today with that PAC AOEM-GM24 piece. It sounds very nice, alot better than I expected. All I have to do is clean and cut all the wires for the amp, processor, distribution block, etc. It will stay that way for now until I figure out if/when I will upgrade the whole system.

The thing that gets me thinking about replacing the whole system is the Alpine processor I have installed. It has many, many features that I can't use because the door speakers and pillar tweeters are controled by the Bose system. I don't think anyone makes something that I can use to plug the Bose amp to my processor (RCA's.) That would be nice if I could find something like that.

After I do the finishing touches, I take some pics. The box I ordered is a very well made unit and I would recommend it to anyone considering adding subs to their truck.

Question for you all..................

Does anyone know exactly what controls/triggers the remote (pink) wire? It seems like if I get my key near the ignition, the remote wire gets power because my processor screen lights up. When I go to start my truck up, I can hear the subs, thump even before I start cranking. Also, it seems like this remote wire (pink) or system is on some type of relay because it takes a while for everything to completely shut down.

TIA

Late- Alex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine does the same thing with the pink wire as does a lot of others. Although I cant hear anything through the subs. Its part of the security with the radio i believe so the amp will get short spurts of power for a few seconds when you shut the truck down, lock or unlock it, etc. You shouldnt be hearing anything tho when this happens, maybe your RCA's are picking up some current from the power wire when it does this. Do you have the RCA's ran next to the power source along the door? That maybe causing it. Glad you got it working man :thumbs:

It's dark here and I just did a quick test to see when the remote (pink) wire is given power and it becomes hot when I unlock my truck from the remote. The screen from the processor lit up after I pressed the unlock button. That's wierd because most of the remote wires that I have dealt with become hot when the radio is turned on, like it should be. Then again, the remote wires I have dealt with have been from aftermarket radios.

I'm still getting some thumping right when I insert the key. It's starting to bother me a little. Someone told me I have to mess with the gains on the PAC piece, anyone do that? I'll be checking things tomorrow since I'll be cleaning things up under the seat. Any ideas where this thumping is coming from? The power wire from the battery is not ran next to anything. Do you think it could be from the RCA's touching each other since I didn't tape them up?

Late- Alex

My amp turns on whenever i use the lock and unlock button as well as just opening the door, its part of the radio security that is causing it which is tapped into the pink wire somehow. I have never had any problems with it though. I didnt know you could adjust stuff on the PAC adapter, i dont think I can with mine at least. As for the popping noise i dont know why you would be getting that, i dont have it when I do it. Seems kinda wierd but I have heard of that happening before but just not positive of the cause.

• 1 month later...

This is a great post for information. I'm starting to build the system in my 03' SS soon and was wondering one thing. What "adapter" am i going to need to use my steering wheel controls with my aftermarket head unit? a link to purchase it would be great!

This is a great post for information.  I'm starting to build the system in my 03' SS soon and was wondering one thing.  What "adapter" am i going to need to use my steering wheel controls with my aftermarket head unit?  a link to purchase it would be great!

well, this thred is about adding subs to a stock bose system with a stock headunit. but I believe PAC does make an interface to use with aftermarket headunits to retain steering wheel radio controls.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for all you guys wanting to add amps to your factory radio,

Just so you know, the PAC piece goes BEHIND the radio, and before the BOSE amp. this way you will not have the BOSE specific EQ and that problem with the subs turning down as the volume goes up. any questions let me know

Just so you know, the PAC piece goes BEHIND the radio, and before the BOSE amp.  this way you will not have the BOSE specific EQ and that problem with the subs turning down as the volume goes up.  any questions let me know

I don't have that problem and mine is installed between the radio and the amp.

Late- Alex

Just so you know, the PAC piece goes BEHIND the radio, and before the BOSE amp.  this way you will not have the BOSE specific EQ and that problem with the subs turning down as the volume goes up.  any questions let me know

Late- Alex

which is where it is made to go, between the amp and the deck, not after the amps such as BEHIND the center console. the best place to get this piece interfaced properly is behind the radio in the dash.

as far as the SVC volume, this is not what I am referencing too, I am talking about the factory BOSE amp pulls out bass frequencies when the volume knob gets higher. it does this automatically to save the bose speakers. most people dont know this nor do they even realize it.

Late- Alex

which is where it is made to go, between the amp and the deck, not after the amps such as BEHIND the center console. the best place to get this piece interfaced properly is behind the radio in the dash.

My bad, I meant I installed it in the console after the amp. :crazy:

Late- Alex

Archived