People who added subs to bose system

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My partner has a bug and is running only one ten

Don't forget that the vehicle is actually another bass box ... hatch backs will always sound good, trucks are hard to make sound clean.

Just FYI I guess.

TIM

Ya, your right because his one ten sounds alot cleaner than my two. I have alot more bass than him now, but it isn't as clean as his, even with my Alpine sound processor.

Also, I'm getting some feedback when the bass hits sometimes. Can this be related to the amp being mounted to the box itself?

Late- Alex

• 2 weeks later...
I dont think that cleansweap is worth it, just my opinion :dunno:

I agree, and audio control has been making interfaces for factory decks for years, just that know one thought of them like that. I will be using them instead of Jl cleenseep!

How can I add xm's MyFi (or any other thing like a stand alone monitor)to the bose system without jl's cleansweep. I'd like to use the pac unit mainly cause of price. as for xm's MyFi lose to much through fm modulat

I dont think that cleansweap is worth it, just my opinion :dunno:

I agree, and audio control has been making interfaces for factory decks for years, just that know one thought of them like that. I will be using them instead of Jl cleenseep!

How can I add xm's MyFi (or any other thing like a stand alone monitor)to the bose system without jl's cleansweep. I'd like to use the pac unit mainly cause of price. as for xm's MyFi lose to much through fm modulat

aux input. they work well. if you are in need of one pm me and I will get you a deal on one.

• 3 months later...

thought i would bring this topic back up for a sec, i am putting my PAC behind the dash tomorrow and i know it says to use the pink remote like before, i have it mounted now at the factory bose amp but when i put it behind the dash is there a different wire i can splice into besides the pink one so the amp doesnt doesnt turn on and off with the factory stereo theft thing? Just curious cause i think it actually drains my battery some.

OK,so glad you brought this back up. From the coments about locatiion of the PAC affecting the amount of bass I infer that there is another factory componet between the head unit and tha amp in the consoel. Has anyone messed with a RTA set up to measure the differance in low freq output ? I just hit 1000 miles on my 06 and am getting ready to swap all the bits and pieces from my Harley truck in incl Soundstream Referance amps, Audiobahn subs, Memphis componet speakers. My first thought was to use the Pac and replace thefactory speakers with the Memphis pieces but I am starting to lean towards totally eliminating the factory amp with the 4 output PAC. Any thoughts ?

thought i would bring this topic back up for a sec, i am putting my PAC behind the dash tomorrow and i know it says to use the pink remote like before, i have it mounted now at the factory bose amp but when i put it behind the dash is there a different wire i can splice into besides the pink one so the amp doesnt doesnt turn on and off with the factory stereo theft thing?  Just curious cause i think it actually drains my battery some.

This is something I would like to know as well because I hate that the amp comes on when I hit the remote. I have yet to take apart the dash again and turn down the gain in that PAC piece.

Fox

In all the reading I have done on this subject, I don't think I ever read about someone using another wire for the PAC besides the pink one. I'm sure if you went in there with a test light, you could find one that powers up with maybe the radio or something. :dunno:

Late- Alex

i remember someone tapping into tanother wire so that the amp only came on when the truck was in the ON position so when you shut your truck off the radio will still play but your amp will be shut down so your not using much power from the battery. Maybe the IGN wire? Where is there gain setting on the PAC itself, i really dont think i have any but we will see in a lil i guess

i saw a few plastic screw things inside the PAC but i really didnt want to mess with them cause i couldnt read what they said or anything. I put it behind the dash today but my system is out so i didnt even test it but man what a PITA that was. It actually only took me like 30min to get it wired and everything but getting the damn stocker head unit back in took me forever. I dont know if there was a trick to it or anything but it sucked. I ended up just using the pink wire again anyways. I'm building another box, 3rd one so when thats done the subs will be back in. I'll post when i'm done everything

The remote wire for the amp still needs to be ran up to the PAC piece behind the radio right?

Here is a very simple question for you. Knowing all that you went through to change it up, was it worth it?

gain VS. trouble=??????

I have mine hooked up in the console and if the gain is so small, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Late-  Alex

Do it! that is all there is to say. If you bring it to me :) I will do it for you. Is it worth it you ask? YES! YES! and YES! as stated above, the factory setup is HIGH passed and you are losing some of you bass frequencies! let us know what you think when you get this done.

Question.......I understand that is a high pass system but ,why cant you just tap in to the factory sub wire in the console for a bass signal.

Archived