Flex Fan

tawss04

I was servicing my truck today, oil change and tire rotation at my shop found a flex fan that i took off a truck I built ( 98 Z71- 383 S/C and more). The fan weighs next to nothing compared to the heavy rock on it now. Well I figured it could not hurt to try it, so I swapped it (10 min job). The engine definitly revs quicker and it pulls just as much air as the stock one. I do have a set of flex-a-lite electric fans that are still on my 97 Z71 that work great (truck was totaled) but have not pulled the out yet, plus i will have to make the mounting brackets. Going to take it out this weekend and see how it does, Opinions. Did I mention it was a free mod :D .

Truck seems to run better and i checked the fuel mileage while cruising down the highway and looks like I'm getting about 2mpg more :D . When you step on it, it sounds alomst like a S/C whining :D

Truck seems to run better and i checked the fuel mileage while cruising down the highway and looks like I'm getting about 2mpg more :D . When you step on it, it sounds alomst like a S/C whining :D

Is that the common type of flex fan that you can get for a small block? I have half a mind to try this. :smash:

Hey it works great no temp problems and does seem to pickup a little better not to mention 2 more mpg, every little bit helps :D . The adapter is from Summit and was for a 96-99 truck. Would post pics but I'm still working on how to do that :dunno: .

Archived